It is almost that time!! She is turning 7! Here is a glance back at a year ago & the reminiscing from her many years so far = Madison.
I laugh as I have been working my tail off getting a few things together for her 1st Birthday party tomorrow! (As it has always been to crazy doing one with friends & all right before Christmas with all the concerts & such.... so this year all the concerts were over as of Tuesday night & so I thought I'd try & tackle it as she comes home every day with slips of paper w/her friends names & phone #'s on wanting me to call them so they can come over to play!!!)
She is so excited. She has about 12 little dressed up "Princess" friends who are going to come over for dinner, nail painting, etc...
Well - we have to have a princess cake for a princess party, so.... I made one similar to it when she was like 3 so I thought it wouldn't be to hard or bad... well here it goes - good or bad...
Yep - the oven is smoking!! It started erupting & getting all over the oven - luckily it didn't ruin it... but I thought I was going to have to deal with the smoke detectors during nap time... wouldn't have been pretty!
Anyway as I am about 1/2 way done with the frosting when Madison says... "Mom, are you going to make cupcakes for my class party for tomorrow next?" WHAT? Cupcakes? Tomorrow... you need to have a class party too? Well - the mom has failed & forgot treats for the class... but luckily after much thought - I realized I had bought cool sprinkled Rice crispy treats for her party bags & decided to take them out & send them to school
with her as a simple treat to hand out to all her friends for her Birthday... thank-goodness that was o.k.... who has time for CUPCAKES when you are frosting a
cake like this (luckily she loves it as I am by far a cake decorator! & I don't practice enough so I will never get any better than this!!) & I still have plenty of other things to do still!! Ugh!! More pics. of the party to come soon!! (Let's hope we all survive!!)
Wednesday, December 9, 2009
Happy Birthday Madison - 7 yrs old
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






2 comments:
Maddy is really a cutie. I love the cake. My Mom used to make cakes like that too. It turned out great!
That cake is so great!! Nice job even with all the craziness! What a lucky girl to have such a fun mom!! You have a lot of patience!
Post a Comment