Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Madison Marie Young - 12/10/2002 - 6 years old today!!

I can't believe it has been 6 years!! The past 6 years of having her in our home has flown by so quickly... I remember the 6 years prior & how long those dragged out waiting for another baby to join our family.... but, ever since she has appeared in our lives we have never been the same!! We love you Madi so much & wish you a Happy Happy Birthday!! Tonight opening her gifts she was so happy, grateful, & excited!!! It just made my heart leap & smile that she was my daughter!! We love you sweetheart & look forward to many more wonderful birthdays ahead.

Very proud to wear the Birthday crown at school!! Here is a cake I whipped up this afternoon in a midst my venting!! (I am still mad at the Seagate/Maxtor Companies!!! )
Blowing out her candles!!
Opening her presents.... (I have found an awesome seller on Ebay from Hong Kong that sells these amazing Barbie dresses... for under $2 each -- She was so excited!!)

A look back over the past 6 years:




She was our angel from heaven.

Grandma & Grandpa Welling (her Great Grandparents) were so tickled for us to have a new baby & she was a GIRL... Grandpa almost didn't believe it!!! They loved meeting our new little bundle on the way home from the hospital!! (This picture made me cry as I miss them so much & I miss that laugh & smile of Grandma's!!) My Grandparents both passed away when Madison was just 2 & she still has very fond memories of how much they loved her & she still asks about them often.
Grandma & Grandpa Young... you can't tell as well in this picture as others we have - but Grandpa snagged Madison quite quickly after Garrett got to meet her for the 1st time & then he wouldn't give her up.... so poor Gram was trying to sneak in some time with her from his side. We miss Grandpa so much as we have been without him for 6 months... like Brady told us tonight while working on his sign - he wasn't suppose to go yet!

I had a pic. of Grandma Chickens holding Adri & Madison (1st Grand daugthers) at the hospital & it has disappeared.. so I will post it here when it surfaces!!


Not to sure about the bath, but never screamed or disliked it!Her brothers couldn't get enough of her... they would tote her around even as she slept & she would just keep sleeping - she loved it!!She was barely over a month old & here she smiles & coos at me!!Pretty in Purple!!
Getting ready to take a bath - starting to show some wrinkles/chubs in her belly!!

She learned at 3 months old how to play dress-ups & had the best teachers ... as they loved zooming her around in the doll stroller for hours... she would scream at them if they stopped!! Like the head band... the boys loved to re-do her to fit their "model" of a sister!!! (They did this to her all the time!) Hanging out with Garrett before bed catching some TV!!
Sitting up between 4-5 months.
Her 1st Easter!

She knew early on when Dad was home & if he was... he better come get her or she was going to be mad & that was even true doing chores, mowing the lawn, playing ball... she begged, squealed, jumped, scooted to be with him!!! So I believe this is her 1st lawn mowing job with dad!6 months old!

She learned at 11 months old how to get herself dressed up!! I was laughing so hard this night as she had found every necklace we owned & was putting them on herself!! Then she tried scooting into my office (my kids scooted more than they crawled) & then the longer necklaces got caught under her diaper & began pulling on her neck.... she went pretty far till she almost had her head down & she was in a tight ball.... It was a pretty funny sight... but she has never been ok with just a necklace or 2... when she dresses up... she gets them all on!!
About a week away from a year old she learned how to hoist herself up on the piano bench... It was like a gymnast thing she did ... then she would happily play the piano... the little thing couldn't even walk & would scare me to pieces as I was afraid she would fall off the bench.. she learned quickly how to lay herself down & slide off without hurting herself!! I luckily always knew she was on the piano... as she never played it very soft!!!

Here she is that summer at about 15 months old

Her 1st perm... almost 2!

2nd Birthday

3rd Birthday!
Starts preschool at 3.5 years old!

4 years old!! (Lost our Hard Drive & don't have 5th bday! & now my Back-up drive is freaking out & will probably loose most of her 5th years photos!! The joy of computers!! )

WE LOVE YOU MADISON & Are grateful daily you have come into our family!!! We are so lucky that you are our daughter, sister, & friend!!! MUCH Love, MOM

3 comments:

Christian, Kerri, & The Boys said...

Wow Maddie and Trey almost have the same birthday. He turns 1 on the 12th. She is darling...I cant wait for a girl!
Ker
Ps. Why were you so mad in the previous blog?

Jan said...

Dang! Time flys. She's so pretty! Happy Birthday Madi. sorry we have such a bad memory!!!

Mullins Family said...

Oh man... I remeber coming to see her like three days after she was born....oh she is sooooo big!!