Wednesday, December 9, 2009

The Eve of Madison's 7th Birthday

Got lots of work to do today... so I sit here & blog... LOL!!

Anyway, today is the eve of Madison's 7th Birthday!! I don't know where the past 7 years have gone, but know they have been more exciting & frilly than before I had her!! I have enjoyed it!!

At the beginning of this school year I realized I wasn't quite ready to let her grow up as I have realized this is about the time the kids start doing their own thing & that you don't hug them, kiss them, hold them as often as they are growing so much & it is a little awkward compared to when they were 2 years old. SO I have made it a point to wake her up about 10-15 minutes early & offer that if she'd like to bring her blanket out to the family room I will rock her while she wakes up!!

Yes - a little awkward as she is getting so long... but I wouldn't trade it for the world & she curls up quite well. She usually falls back to sleep, but it is bonding time for us & she loves it. As soon as she hears my voice in the morning she jumps up & runs out to be rocked & when the doorbell rings with my first little one arriving for the morning she jumps up & gets ready for school.

Wish I had realized how important this was (the cuddling, hugging, etc. ) when the boys were in this phaze... as I really do think even though they want to grow up & be big - that physical contact & message it sends does help in all aspects of their little life.

Well - lots to do, we are having our 1st friend birthday party tomorrow!! Here is the invite. But the ones we gave out have a fun tulle bow tied in the tops & they were quick & adorable. So far we have 4 confirmations from others Maddie, Maddison, Madi, & Mady that they are coming & about 8 other little girls - so I will be ready for Christmas break I am sure once we have accomplished this!! :)

All I ask is that Dave & the boys are home to help!! We will see how it goes!! Then we have a girl date with Grandma, Aunt Em, & our girl cousins for Friday to go to Princess & the Frog (since they have their school concert tomorrow night!!) IT shall be a fun day!!

Well - off to clean, finish decorating, baking a cake, Library story time today, etc.... I will surely reminisce about the past 7 years today!! Wow - I can't believe she will already be 8 next year!!!

No comments: