Tonight was the big night!! 1st band concert for the year after only 3 months of playing here they are! Tyler is a drummer/percussionist & did a great job!!!
Of course band is going to be much more challenging for Tyler than it was for Garrett. Our first month of school I got an e-mail from the teacher letting me know she didn't think he had it in him to do this. She had told him that he was was
ting her time... we filled her in on the fact that he has some learning issues & if inspired would try his hardest, but knew if she didn't think this was right for him - we would understand. I think he was a bit offended, but in the same felt the challenge, so I told him that he had to prove to her that he wanted to be in the band & that he would need to practice, practice, practice & do all that she asks so that he could continue on if he really wanted to do this. Well, can't say that the pra
ctice is happening all that often - no matter the reminders, asking, etc... but he does make the initiative to go in for extra help, all his early morning drum sectionals, & sounds like he is participating in class & asking more questions. Great job tonight Tyler!! I could tell you were really concentrating & doing your best!!
We love you!
No comments:
Post a Comment