I don't know anything better to call it.....But, here are some of my most recent "Mom Moments."
The kids were all off playing & I realized it had been a while since I had heard any noises from them... so I went to check on them & they were playing in Madison's room playing... they were taking turns taking care of the baby while the
other one stood at the nightstand, using the radio antenna as a microphone, scriptures close by, singing. As soon as the song would get done they would switch places! (It was too cute & just a bit funny!!)
Same day here they are playing again so nicely... I sure love it when they are all getting along & playing nicely!
Here is a Sunday nap. I promised all the kids if they would just lay down for a 1 hour nap last Sunday we would all have ice cream once I got home from my planning meeting that evening. When I went to wake them up before I left this is what I found... You gotta love big brothers (& little brothers too! :)
I think of the things I hope my kids will take away from their growing up years & wonder what some of the "fun" things they will remember will be & I think one of them might be: Not having a swimming pool... but the second next best thing a Huge Hot tub that mom lets us play in & pretend we are swimming in as long as we don't drown each other!! (Or get to much water everywhere!) There is usually at least 1 day a week we don't have tons going on & the kids find great pleasure in getting swimming toys & goggles on & playing to their heart's content!! It has been working for about 5 months now (I must blog that I finally fixed the wall I cut a hole in, so it is all back together & no leaks.... Knock on wood!!) Woo- hoo!! It has been awesome!!
I could call this a mom moment... but a moment I learned from my mom!! I know we use to always laugh when my mom would pull out her big black bags of "Silk flowers" & plant them all around the yard!! (Considering we lived on a ranch then & the property was huge, deer/etc. would eat whatever they wanted, time to weed/water!) Well, now being a mom & living in the direct path of the deer's migration trail (if you want to call it that)... I am not going to be miserable anymore!! I decided to break down & copy my mom (to a small extent!) I took some of the (huge) batch of Tulips I have from the last wedding I decorated for & planted some in my front flowerbeds as the cul-d-sac is looking pretty bleak & sparse right now!! Of course the morning after I got it all set up it rained & snowed for 2 days straight... who had the prettiest flowers on the block... Oh, let me rephrase that... who has the only flowers on the block!!! YEP - ME!! Yes, I get lots of compliments!! I finally had a dad say to me the other day... now wait a minute, how did you get your flowers to stay so nice this long? I know tulips don't stay that pretty for long.... I had to laugh!!! (Dave about died once he saw them & I could see the thoughts racing through his mind..."You are just like your mother.") If anyone reading this would like some of these "Deer proof" tulips... I have MANY, MANY bundles of them left (many not even used ) for $1 a bundle/color. In the bigger bundles in my flower beds I used 3 smaller, different bundles ... these are quite awesome to work with & don't die, get eaten, etc. :) ... got to teach the mall children not to pick them though!
Well April 30th - we/I celebrated our 1 year anniversary in our new home!! I love our home... I love space!! How amazing it is & although it isn't anything identical to it, it reminds me so much of my grandparents home (where I have so many fond memories from my youth!) One thing I love is our front door area... I noticed one day my good friend Jodie had her door decorated so cute... from then on I always told myself if I ever have a door that the wind doesn't tear everything off... then I am going to take advantage of it & decorate mine too.... about 5 months later we moved & wal-la... I have a cool door area that doesn't get beat up by the wind!! So I have enjoyed trying to decorate it & brighten it up. Here is my "Spring-y" door!!
Thursday, May 7, 2009
Mom Moments....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






No comments:
Post a Comment