WARNING: This is long, it is my rantings & ravings about my HP Laptop ... so if you don't have time to read... skip on past!!! But if you do have time to read it, let me know what you think... What is happening in this world?...... Or am I being rude?
On a very frustrated level.... my awesome,
Lots, & lots of money later.... of course it looks beautiful at the beginning, then after about 20 minutes the screen starts to look funny/melting... then you have about 5 minutes to save anything you were working on, & wait for the lines to appear & then immediate shut down!!! UGH!!!
Yes to some extent I call myself a "computer techy" type person & I read everything about this problem, googled it, read all the forums on it, even watched some You Tube videos on
Well after being very frustrated that this was most likely a motherboard issue & finding 1000's (Literally 1000's who are going through this same thing.) I contacted HP... yes, of course it is 2 months after the 1 year warranty (don't forget this had to be serviced at 4 months for a completely new hard drive after a failure!) Well.... In visiting with "Free" online support (or it would cost be $49.99 for 7
Here are my thoughts & I even discussed this further tonight with a "Case manager" who was so sorry for my situation & would go beyond her "control" & offer me a 25% discount to repair it.... WHAT!!!! DO YOU NOT HEAR ME!!
Here is my ranting & ravings about "Ethics & Integrity".... (oh I am mad!) :
This is like my 27th e-mail with the HP Techy people after doing the stupidest things they have requested.... Finally I am at the end of my rope.... & in response I say "Thanks for your help... the lines still appear... So I assume it is a hardware problem... Do you happen to know or advise on which part of hardware would be causing this issue? (I already know - cause I have done my homework!)
I am finding this is a very common problem with HP notebooks of this type.... I am very disappointed this isn't being handled by the extended warranty as it obviously isn't a problem with just 7 or 8 machines... this looks like hundreds, I would actually guess thousands! I keep reading: " I subsequently asked him why this computer was not covered and he told me
because enough people haven't complained to their company." People have complained over & over & over & still nothing is being done to fix these??
I have been a loyal HP customer for quite some time & have 3 other HP computers in my home, even convinced many friends and family to buy them.
This could change things, HP stands to lose more money through customer disillusionment by not fixing peoples legitimate issues correctly.... not by repairing them than by taking the
small hit and repairing a faulty system.
Here are many links to forums & sites where customers are discussing this same problem I am having& their problems, disgust, frustration, etc... (listed many sites)
PLEASE Advise on who I need to talk to next? I feel that running around & unplugging the machine & taking that battery out & re-installing drivers for another month isn't going to change this problem... Thanks, Very Frustrated (ME)
Then I get a response telling me to send them all my info. along with CC# & they will send me a box at my expense to fix the problem.
So my response: This is totally ridiculous!!! The ethics of HP, knowing about these problems & not fixing them or recalling these products is horrendous!!
All repairs that I have read about online have been from UNHAPPY CUSTOMERS (not one person has been satisfied by the service or the charges) These repairs are said to be costing $600+ (I can buy a new computer for that!!!!) Then after the replacement motherboard... many, many are reporting it is also burning up in a year or under....
I am guessing that you find the general public to be pretty computer illiterate & they obviously fall & take the bait, I am assuming cause they are desperate.....
It is really sad to me as this was a beautiful machine & was a workhorse... It really was one of the nicest pieces of equipment I have worked with, especially with my photography & editing.
Granted, I am smarter than the general public. I will be better off to cut my losses, sell the computer for parts/scrap metal & do what many, many others have been telling me to do & buy a MAC!!!
I am pretty sure my time & money will be better spent.
Who buys a brand new laptop & has to have a whole new hard drive put in 4 months after purchase due to a bad "UPDATE" the computer accepted, then is accused by HP the whole time that it isn't under warranty... that I must have bought a refurbished model, that the warranty is no good - then once I produced a receipt.... HP comes back & tells me "o.k." we will fix it this
1 time for you.....??? WHO Pays that kind of money for a product with a warranty - to be treated that way??? - I am grateful it was fixed the 1st time especially since it was only 14 months later that the motherboard goes out & what a shame it isn't considered part of the Extended Warranty like 100'sof others.... A recall would have been the ethical thing to do... but
Economy & ethics.... look to go hand in hand..... So sad to see HP fall into this bucket of bad products, bad service/maintenance, bad ethics, etc.....
No longer a HP Fan!! (ME)
So you can see in my previous words I said "Farewell - I am done with you!!" I get the same response, telling me to send them all my info. along with CC# & they will send me a box at my expense to fix the problem.
So I respond: Interesting to see you aren't reading my whole e-mail....Goes to show that
CS is going down the drain just as the HP products:
All repairs that I have read about online have been from UNHAPPY CUSTOMERS
(not one person has been satisfied by the service or the charges) These repairs are said to be costing $600+ (I can buy a new computer for that!!!!)Then after the replacement motherboard... many, many are reporting it is also burning up in a year or under.... WHY WOULD I DO THIS???
Granted, I am smarter than the general public & I too will join the many forums & post my disgust & results with this HP & advertise this faulty HP product to let others know of my dissatisfaction & to be warned of the great loss they will experience if they purchase any HP Dv9000 products. I will be better off to cut my losses, sell the computer for parts/scrap metal & do what many, many others have been telling me to do & buy a MAC!!!
If you'd like to buy this Laptop for *parts*... you are welcome to it for $600 & can send the payment through Paypal, I will even ship it to you for FREE!!! I surely can provide nice CS!!! :)
In my opinion providing a bad product & bad service will take it's toll sooner than later!!! Sorry for you! What comes around - goes around & I am a true believer in that!!! Best wishes!! (ME)
YOU MIGHT WANT TO SHARE MY SITUATION WITH YOUR MANAGERS>>>>> ONE UNHAPPY HP Customer here & I am still hearing from many more!!!
So then I get the response: I understand your frustration for the issue you have been facing. Your e-mail is being escalated to the higher authority for further assistance. I sincerely regret for the inconvenience. Please accept my apology, we need your cooperation.
So I wait.... Shockingly enough only 1 day later I got a call today! Had to have her call me back & in the midst... my children happen to gather & sit intently as I talk to this CS gal & discuss with her my dissatisfaction & how I feel HP has lost their integrity... & is just being unethical!!! (After I get off the phone... Garrett calls it "Intense - wow that was amazing", Tyler calls it "Tearing them up", Madison & Brady never made a noise.... )
I admit it was intense, I never swore (felt like it!), never called her any bad names or screamed (felt like calling HP some names!!), But I held my ground, I told her I wasn't going to stand for a "25% discount" on a repair.. knowing well off that this would still cost over $400 & that it was only a quick fix & most likely would die again in 1 year w/no warranty!!!
Then she would just give the same spill over & over about I am so sorry for the inconvenience... I can't do anything more, I can tell our engineers... unless they say enough people have complained about this problem with your model # there is nothing they will do!!!! I can send you a box..... Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhh, you are not fixing my computer if I am paying for it!!! I finally had to excuse myself & ask her not to call back unless she found a better solution as I do feel that my money could be spent elsewhere on a much better product & that I feel that HP has lost it's integrity & is not being ethical!! ................. I told her to pass that all along to her upper manager!! (Yeah right!)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
So tell me ... how many 1000's need to complain until a recall is issued (she had no idea?) The company that makes the faulty part admitted it has problems & that it is the same part for all machines... no matter what Laptop model # you have... so their "extended warranty to fix the problem" only covers about 20 models.... Seriously... are those even real model numbers???? (makes me wonder)
They take your money to begin with... then every computer has died 2 days - 2 months after the 1 year warranty. They they require $50 - $99 just to talk to them on the phone. Then they will charge you $600+ to change out their faulty Motherboard... (not a small part of the computer - none the less!) Seriously who pays this much money on a laptop to have it fail 2 times (Big CRASHES) due to the companies fault? It isn't like I had a virus, or I dropped it, etc.... it is due to faulty parts they obviously know about.....
So what is this??? Are they being Ethical? Have they lost their Integrity??
Or am I just being Rude????
Or am I just being Rude????
OK I could rant & rave about this for 6 more days & 20000 more pages... so I am going to stop!! That is it!! I will give it another week... see if I hear back from them. If not... I am thinking of disassembling all the good parts & sending them off to E-bay land!!! (UGH!) FAREWELL for sure to HP!!! (BEWARE If you are in the market for a new COMPUTER or have a computer fry like mine!!! DON'T Fall into the trap!!)
Got it off my chest - now, Off to a much better weekend!! :)






No comments:
Post a Comment