Friday, March 6, 2009

Lots to be thank-ful for...

It has been one of those past couple of weeks... where you are only wanting the rainbow & not necessarily willing to wait out the rain... well it seems to be raining a little less (or at least I am hoping so!) & maybe a little sun is starting to shine through the clouds...

So I have been thinking about all my many blessings & things I am thank-ful for as making it through & over a hump is sometimes miserable.... in thinking of those many blessings & things it has lifted my heart & mind. I just can't get over how blessed we are... as a person, as a family, as a ward, as a town, as a country... yeah there is a lot of bad... but who would have ever imagined life... like it is? It is amazing, it is hard, it is happy, it is sad, it is frustrating, it is rewarding...

It comes to me that the more I concentrate on a hardship - trial, the more I read about it (even though sometimes I get ideas of things to try & ways to over come), the more I talk about it, the more I think about it... the longer it seems to loom around.

I decided a couple days ago I needed to ... not think about or deal with my "hump" as I am going to call it & all of a sudden the past day & 1/2 or so has seemed to lighten up & the day(s) have gone by a little quicker & less miserable. If only it could always be so easy to remember to just look on the bright side - or concentrate more on our blessings... we wouldn't get so down!!! (Just another one of those things to learn & perfect in life I guess!)

AnYwAys....

Here is a little glimps into Guitar lessons last night:



I must admit this has been a secret passion of mine - always wanting to learn how to play the guitar... but after I have watched 2 lessons & fiddled around with our play guitar (missing a string & out of tune)... my fingers & hand just doesn't move as fast or in coordination with my mind & eyes.... I am still determined I will learn the ukulele some day... as it did seem easier when I took a lesson or 2 at camp!! But until then...

Garrett loved it... picked it up immediately as I am sure his exposure to percussion & instruments in band has helped along with his coordination seems to be coming along at his age a bit better ... Tyler was a little more reserved... tried & ker-plunked around - but left the class clueless, but it was good for him just to have something else to do for a few minutes to get him out of the house. Spring is upon us again & for those that know Tyler... this is his hardest time of year!! (We are hoping for warmer weather & "brighter" days to get here soon for his sake ... actually all our sakes!!!)

Here is a funny note:
We have a new "Creative play" happening at our place & the kids have thought this one up all by themselves!! I am calling it the "drive-threw" or "counseling"... the funniest thing is the kids get all my bar stools & one will sit on one side & as the other kids see this... they play like it is a drive up window & they will order food from Mc Donalds or their own (make believe place)... here in the pic. you can see the girls handing each other their pretend $$ through the drive -thru window after placing their order! Other times... some will line up on one side & the others on the other side & talk to each other thought the top of the chair like they are getting counseling or advice. It is too funny & even my baby who is just a bit over a year is now participating since she can get around more!!! I just love how creative they can be!! Too funny to watch what they can come up with some days!! (As I love giving them "their" time to discover & make believe.)


Other items to note:
Went in for my blood work on Monday. Dang... this gal should have been a vampire!! I had more blood sitting on the table when I was done than what was flowing through my body!! :) ... anyway there were about 13 tests they were drawing for (& they are wild & random things - I'm sure I don't have these things, but good to be thorough)... such as: Rheumatoid Arthritis, Lupus, Liver/kidney disease, Multiple Myeloma, Chronic Inflammatory disease/Auto immune, Lyme Disease, Granulocytic leukemia/acute myeloblastic Leukemia/non-leukaemic leucocytosis, or a B12 deficiency/methylamalonic acidemia.... NOW that sounds all scary!! BUT I have a huge feeling in my heart & mind it isn't anything to get worked up about & I am happy to report.... the Pain is totally decreasing... the look of both feet have improved a TON & I am actually noticing yesterday & today I have some feeling in my rt. foot!!! (Who would have thought? Wasn't suppose to be possible...) But I believe I am healing... another one of those "mid-life" crisis or something... but I am doing nothing different, taking no meds, etc... just waiting through the storm. ++Plus I am starting to be able to wiggle my Rt toes a little now.... !!! YEAH!!!

So on another side note & adventure... about a month ago... I signed Dave & I up to go chaperone the 5th & 7th grade D.A.R.E. ski trip as both Garrett & Tyler earned a "discounted trip to go skiing" ... you might ask why? (Especially when I can't feel my rt foot or get around so swell) - Well, I don't know why... but I felt we needed to do this!! So tomorrow - bright & early - we report to the school at 6am... with our whole family to ride the big yellow bus to go skiing/snowboarding. (We worked out a deal to take the younger 2 along - if we both went to help supervise!)
SO look out PoWdeR & FrEsH AiR!!
Here come the Young's to shred up the mountain!! (Yeah right!) Luckily they will have rentals, lessons, lifts, lunch, etc... so it will be a full & wild day... in the back of my mind I am praying I will be able to walk into the house when we get home - let alone make it to church the next day as I have to talk with Dave in our Ward Conference!!! (Should be exciting!)
So here is to a wild adventure. I am going to go & make the best of it & hope that we all have a wonderful time ... if nothing else make a memory & look back & say we tried!! :)

Pictures & details to come.... ;) (I am so laughing!)

PLUS not to go without mentioning... I got my taxes done & finally filed last night!! Woot - woot!! (One less thing to think about now!!)

1 comment:

Christian, Kerri, & The Boys said...

Hey Jeanna!
I am so sorry to hear about everything...I am glad things are looking up. You really need to talk to my husband...I think he might have something to help you out!