Skiing with the family!!
Well as you can see we had a fun day! Dave signed up to do Snowboarding... which soon as we got there & started suiting up the kids... realized as Dave wandered off with his snowboard lessons... that I probably wasn't going to be able to handle 3 - 1st time skiers by myself & ski too... so I went & turned my stuff in & knew that helping the kids would be much more fun & productive than trying to coach & argue about what/how to do things from afar. So we had a wonderful day! Brady really took to skiing fast &
Madison - took a little longer... but once the ski instructor worked with her one on one - she got it down & was determined to do it (I mentioned she must have had a crush on the teacher - his name was Stetson & she really enjoyed him!) ... she worked really hard hoping by the end of the day she might get to go up on the ski lift... but that wasn't happening this time!!
Tyler had a wonderful time & loved doing his "
Garrett did great too! He had been skiing a time or 2 with scouts - so he took to it pretty easy! He enjoyed going around & around too... but did go up on a run a time or 2 with friends & realized how tired he was getting & stuck closer to the lodge near the end of the day!!
In all it was a good day... I am so GLAD we went!! I would strongly encourage parents to never let their kids go skiing on a school trip if they haven't ever been before in their life... Especially, if they aren't going to go help as a chaperone! There was very little help, lessons, etc. & the kids were turned loose to do as they pleased!! So many strapped on their stuff & followed friends up on the lift with no idea how to even get off the lift or what to do once they were at the top of the hill! The ski medics were kept very busy!! Many kids who kicked their snowboards off coming down & then walked the way down in socks.... about frozen... (Not cool!) So many injuries & such... just glad our kids were good to stay with us & knew their limits.
I helped all the other kids as much as I could - In our ski lesson (ugh) there were many big kids that just couldn't even get up & would just lay around crying... then once they made it down the hill 1 time crashing, crying, etc... they were done for the day & probably 1/2 the kids just spent their time playing around in the lodge.
Dave didn't enjoy snowboarding like he thought he would, tried lessons again, & thinks next time he will ski!
Today, they have all talked about how much fun they had & how they want to do it again!! So we might consider forgoing the summer vacation next year & doing a Christmas/winter vac-a & going to a vacation condo of ours & going skiing for the week!! (Who knows!!) Have to start saving $$ now I guess!! :)
What a fun time!! (I am glad I took it easy though! Plenty of walking up & down the hills, catching kids & helping kids get up & get going again, but I actually feel pretty good today & I am thinking I am on the mend!) It did come back to my mind & I did long to give it a try... but it was best I helped this time as the kids had more fun actually learning instead of crashing & crying all day too like others... so it was successful. (I can't believe how many years it has been since I did ski!! I could have been one sore puppy today!) Till the next time!! :)
It was best as it was our Ward Conference today & Dave had to speak, I then had to bear my testimony, sing with the R.S. Choir, then help Madison give a talk in Primary... I took a nice long nap this afternoon & I am thinking that has been my first one since Dave has been put in as Bishop!! So it was well overdue!!! :) We had a full weekend for sure!!! :)
Off to a wonderful week!






No comments:
Post a Comment