I have dreamed about the day when Madison would be able to come talk to me about the "important" things in her life (you know boys & stuff)!! Well, I had planned some of those "things" would have been many years down the road ....at least 8 years or so. Anyway - since she started school (only a few months ago) she has let me know the troubles (daily) the boys give her at school. You know: chasing her, talking to her, following her, wanting to sit by her...etc. Which most of the time I tease her back & say... now who is chasing who? Who is talking to who... you sure it isn't the other way around... as every time I am with her the kids (boys & girls) are yelling out her name & running up & HUGGING her!! (She is more of a social bug than I thought she'd be!) She always has denied that she plays any part in it & most of the time is pretty upset.
About 2-3 weeks ago, some friends of ours moved into our ward & they have a son Madison's age, but the two aren't in the same class at school. I have heard Dave tease Madison about him a time or 2 (he is a cutie) & I know Dave has told him at church (with his parents standing close) that if Madison gives him any trouble... you make sure to come talk to me.... (I only wish Dave could have been Bishop in about 8 years... I think then the boys would have all been scared away!) :)
Well, last night (I still laugh) Madison came to tell me that this young man (Name withheld to protect his identity :) .... told her 2 times that day that she was HOT! I had to laugh... cause I could tell she was fishing for a definition of what HOT meant!!! (I can't even imagine this little guy doing this nor saying this & I am sure if he knew what it meant he would probably die to as I am sure he meant to tell her she has cooties!!... so I just want to roll on the floor laughing!) It was pretty funny as I started woo-ing & "oh my goodness" she wasn't impressed with my response so she had to inform her dad - hoping to get more help... Dave then lost it!!! I said "I guess you will have to tell _(name withheld)_ he better make an appointment with the Bishop. (Totally joking!)" & Dave started teasing her too. So it died off & I didn't think much about it after that!
So today on her way out the door she says "Mom... Oh, I have to remember to tell _(name withheld)____ that he better make an appointment with the Bishop, especially if he is going to call me HOT!" I busted!!! Then I begged her "Please don't say that to him... we were only joking!!" & Had to explain to her that he was being nice & that he most likely didn't even know what it meant himself!!! (I was dying - oh my goodness what do you tell your 6 year old?!)
SOooooo... Then tonight after school I was making brownies & cookies (some gifts we were given & didn't want the mixes to go to waste!!) So seeing chocolate (girl after her mother's heart) she jumps up to the counter to help me & we were talking... She then informs me that: Mom, how can it be that all the boys who are 5 yrs old chase me, talk to me, bug me, etc... don't they know that I am too old for them!!! (What? Your Birthday was like 3 weeks ago & all of them probably turn 6 in the next 3-4 months too!) I had to laugh!! Here she was dead serious!! So I said - Madison, what is wrong with that? She let me know that younger boys aren't suppose to like older girls & that it just wasn't right... Then she informed me that because "dad" is older than me & she listed several others we knew (she assumes that the spouse was older than the wife... but I think she is right!) -- then it just wasn't right!! (I did tell her of a couple family members & friends we have who married younger spouses... for some reason that didn't matter to her!) All that mattered is that she wasn't going to entertain these 5 year old boys.... she was going to be just like me & her dad... (Oh that sounds scary coming from a 6 year old as she has no idea what lies ahead... nor do I think she should look up to me for my skills, even though it was a miracle that I happened to have met Dave & been so lucky to have married him!!)
Oh my goodness I am in trouble!!! I guess I really don't know what I am up against!! (I guess I am just really grateful I have only one... as I am afraid I couldn't handle more (girls).) It is weird as a mom I have thought about these moments, I have planned how I was going to listen & understand, & I would love it... UGH... I didn't think about it all starting at 6 - I hadn't really planned out the talks we would have or what I would need to say.... I am thinking I better start making some plans pretty quick as I can't wait 10 years from now & just hope it all goes o.k.... which seems like forever away...(when I realize it is going to be here in a blink of an eye!) I hope that I can just be a good mom to her through the many years ahead. I hope that some of the wisdom (I hope it is wisdom!) I share with her will help. I just want her to know that I love her!! Oh I cry just thinking about her growing up!!! Wow... my little girl! I now realize I should have taken pictures of her while she was trying out another one of her own hairstyles tonight (using every since one of her clippies in her hair!) & posted them all over the internet ... maybe that could help scare away some of those younger men, or possibly ALL prospects out there!!!
Luckily Garrett has been preparing me a bit (as he has had the same dashing doll after him for about 3 years)... but he has been different being a boy!! Luckily he has a pretty good head on his shoulders (I think - I know you will be reading this Gare!!) - so I haven't had to worry & luckily books & sports have been the tops of his interests! I am trying to train him now at least to be nice to girls ...I hope some of it is soaking in for when the time is right!! By the way... where does it say in the parenthood book that your oldest "baby" should be able to lift his mother off the ground? This I think is one of Garrett's new Highlights of life/.. he loves to come in (especially while I am in the kitchen) & bear hug me & pick me up off the ground (luckily I am still big enough he doesn't lift me very far up... ) But the bear hug is going to break my ribs before to long!! I can't believe this is happening in my life!!! My once - 10 lb baby boy is lifting me off the ground in a bear hug!!! - WHOA!!!
Tyler I think I might just get lucky enough not to have to venture this road with him... as Dave & I have bets which of our kids will take up living in the basement when they are in their older years... I bet it will be Tyler!! I believe he is more terrified of girls than anything..O.k. maybe snakes first & then girls!! But I have seen him be very kind to girls - but you tease him about a girl(s) watch out someone is going to loose it as he doesn't like to be teased about liking girls as that is the farthest from the truth (or so he has us thinking!) Another mother note... I am afraid to look TY in the eyes... as I am thinking he is only about an inch shorter than me & he is going to be passing me up!!! UGH!! My 8lb 13 oz. - 21" long baby,.... WAIT!!!
Brady - Oh, I can't even begin to think of that!! I just need to convince him that he can't live without me... then we should be o.k.!!! (Oh goodness! I need time to slow down!!)
I love my family & I am so grateful for each of them in my life!!






3 comments:
It happens so young doesn't it. She is a cutie and you are going to have to lock her up. To funny! Thank you yesterday for helping me on my slide show. I will be putting another one on with our Disney pictures, hopefully I can remember how to do it. Thanks again for everything. I hope you have a great day. Love, Jodie
Too funny! It's scares me to think (and hear at school) what kids are saying too each other. The other day, some girls in K were giggling about one of the girls kissing a boy on the lips! What?!? They are way too young to even know about stuff like that, aren't they? I just want to keep my girls locked up so they aren't exposed to most of the stuff they are at school.
ps-I know what little boy you are talking about and can't imagine why he would say something like that. I'm sure his parents would be mortified!
JUST BE GLAD IT DIDN'T START IN PRESCHOOL...!! UGG AND THE PARENTS THAT ENCOURAGE IT! DOUBLE UGG! I KNOW THEY THINK IT'S CUTE BUT I DON'T THINK THEY SEE THE BIGGER PICTURE!!
Post a Comment