Friday, January 9, 2009

Some cool photo shop stuff!!

This week we have been able to take it easy (which has been heavenly) as we have had no sports, very few meetings, etc. to run to every night after school... so I have taken some time each night to work on my Photoshop tutorials & do some practicing. Now that I am finally feeling like I somewhat know the program I wanted to now be able to apply those many things to more of my photos... GEE there is so much more I had no idea about & I am loving it!! Plus still more to learn!! (Continuing my education without leaving home & no tests... just how I like it!)

K- Here are 3 original photos I took at a family gathering at Christmas - You can see that not one picture has all the kids are looking forward or smiling - which is so normal for little ones... The exposure is dark (I don't like the lighting in gyms!!) SO Here we go....I will mention the changes as I go.


So I was able to combine the 3 photos from above & carefully erase views of each of them that I didn't want in my new picture... so here is the very best image
of each child for this photo below...

Then I worked on the exposure/lighting, etc...red eye, Brady had a bit of bloody nose, some of the kids had dry/chapped skin around their mouths...then the lighting/reflection on the floor on the far right side I adjusted that...

So here is the perfected photo with each image of the child I wanted to use (some from different views above all combined into one & all the edits made!)
For this final photo I added a spotlight filter feature for a different look - FUN!!

1 comment:

The "Hix" Family said...

I love the collages! They look way fun to do. Is this the program that you got for Christmas? It sounds like an awesome one. I hope all is well. Talk to you soon. Jodie