Well, I am way behind & I am not sure I will really catch it up right now.. but a few thoughts before I head to bed.
New Years Eve we had a little party at Grandma Dor's before the boys (Dave & Garrett) headed off to their "Stake" youth activity, which they had fun at. (I hope to get pictures from Emily soon of our Party at Grandmas) We had a good time - she is a party animal & knows how to keep us on our toes. We had a progressive dinner in her house... so many courses of the meal were eaten in different rooms - Laundry room (try squeezing 11 people into Grandma's laundry room to eat hors d'oeuvres - we kind of did it :) Then we had some games & friendly family competition with the Glathars! It was a nice way to send out 2008!! (I am mixed.... but, kind-a glad it is over - 2008 that is!!)
New Years Day - the boys (Dave, Garrett, & Tyler) got up & went with a group of friends from our ward to look at deer. This day every year the deer are amazing (for them) to watch (oh I almost forgot I have pictures as they took my camera....I will build a slide show as I type) from a location out of town & it has been tradition for several years now for my boys, many of the YM from our ward & these other men/families to go look at/watch the deer.
(Myself - having stayed up late with the little kids tried to wake them up to go to the Stake (church) breakfast, but the little ones didn't want to wake up, get ready, nor hurry ... so I made them come up to my room, jump in my bed & we all cuddled & went back to sleep until they decided they wanted breakfast which was wonderful!! (Still feel guilty for missing a social event... but I am really trying to get over it.) I am still not back to full running mode. I have had many restless nights, & I think I over did myself cleaning, unpacking, re-organizing for 3 days/nights solid - so besides exhaustion?, maybe it is just VACATION. I am embarrassed :) as many have come by the house & have been told I am still sleeping (I can't imagine what they think), but it isn't true,... I am awake!!! But those visitors have caught me being indecent (at least for the general public)/un-showered/stuck behind boxes/etc,. SO - For the record the latest I have been able to sleep is 8:45/9am...(Except on New Years I think we slept till 10am - I love my kids!) & I know for all moms... THAT IS LATE!! But it isn't like 11:30 0r noon! Garrett & Tyler love to make fun of me... I tell them just wait till they are 16, 17... or their 1st date!!!)
New Years Night... Both the boys (Garrett & Tyler) were pretty sick... Tyler spent about an hour during the middle of the night throwing up violently, Garrett (we won't mention what - but it wasn't pretty & nor have they smelled very good! BOYS!) - Then the last 3 days we have been stomping out pink eye, Brady got it some how, gave it to Madison, then yesterday by bedtime I had it... I think we have that under control now!! I think, I am ready for them to all go back to school so I can disinfect my house & we can all be healthy again!!
2 other notes before I run to bed - My baby begins Primary Full-time tomorrow!!! Aaaaaaaah!!! Where has my baby gone? I am not sure he is going to like it... as he has absolutely loved Nursery since the day he started!!! Last week he outright told us he was not going to leave nursery - but when the time came to go to closing exercises of Primary he went willingly. I think when he realizes that his Nursery leader has been released - he might be ready to move on too!! (She has served in her calling for 4-5 years!! She was a wonderful Nursery teacher for Brady along with others!) On the other hand I am starting to wonder & maybe it has just come on with Vacation... but I think a bit of the terribly 2's are streaking in at the end of his 3rd year? I have never seen my sweet baby throw a huge fit or be temperamental & all of a sudden we have seen some of this the past week (nap deprived I hope!) Then this morning we were getting ready to run errands & I told him to run & get his shoes/coat on & he started crying & said "NO... I am going to just go find a new family?" What?? (K - that use to be Tyler's thing a few years ago!) But not my baby!! I told him how sad I would be & that I might be o.k. if I had his silky... then he got a little alarmed as he thought he could take that with him! NOPE if you are going to a new family - mom will have to have something to help her not cry!!! That ended the Running away fit for now!!
Then today, closing up our holiday we took the kids over to RS, out to lunch, & hit all the shopping we could stand - which was miserable & only spent like $28 (yeah, really surprised at very little sales going on)....but lunch was nearly $45 - that doubled since the last time we ate at the same restaurant!! Ugh!)
My other item of note is that my kindergartner (other baby)... decided she needed to start reading this weekend!!! It all clicked!! Aaaaaaaaaaah!! I tried so hard not to over prep her or jam her with educational stuff before she started school as I didn't want to see her bored in school (I could see it was all clicking inside & would only be a matter of time) & I just wanted her to love being a kid before the real WORK began!! I know she has loved every day of Barbies, dress -ups, & just doing what she wants & I have loved watching her enjoy it too... but look out!! BOOKS HERE SHE COMES!! I am amazed at how she just won't stop!! I finally made her stop tonight after 5 fairly long books to take a break so we could perm her hair!! (I don't need her to be smarter than I am now!! :) .... So we did get the perm done... no pictures, but maybe tomorrow!!
I am looking forward to church starting at 11 tomorrow!! Yeah for us!!! (Maybe we can even be early... at least a majority of the time?)









No comments:
Post a Comment