Monday, December 1, 2008

Trip to Star Valley...

Well I had a free moment this weekend ... so I chose to take a quick trip up to Star Valley & visit one of my sisters I haven't stayed with (at her place) since she has probably left home or been married... (that is so sad!! I can't believe it!!) Plus she had taken our Elk meat up for us to be processed & our Jerky was done, so another good reason to make the trip right!! Anyway we had a great time!! She is such a cute homemaker & is actually a wonderful cook!! I was quite impressed!!

I had forgotten my love for Star Valley & how pretty it is!! It was nice to visit again... I can't believe it had been over 15 years since I have been to that neck of the woods... but a good thing, not much has changed - but it was fun to see the changes that have been made, I couldn't believe how much I had forgotten!!

Lorrie is coaching the HS dance team like I did back 7 years ago & she is learning the joy of working with teenage girls & their parents! (ARGH!) So we got the privileged of going to an awesome town parade & see her girls participate. The SV parade was great! They had so many fun floats & everyone was adorned in lights!! Thento make it worth your time... they turn around at the end of the main street & come back to show you the other side of their float!! They threw a bunch of candy, glow lights, etc. too!! It did rain/snow the whole time, but the bank where we stood was giving out free cookies & hot chocolate!! (We spilled all over ourselves, burned ourselves, almost got run over, you name it... we probably did it!! But we had fun & we did survive!) :)



Brady came to tell me later that night - that "those weren't the real Santa clause... they were just trying to trick us"... as we saw 2 in the parade!! SMART BOY & he was so serious!! At least he wasn't too depressed about it all!! Kinda cute though.

Here are some fun pictures of the kids making Gingerbread cookies!! I thought they tasted wonderful!! Lorrie was depressed they weren't soft!! (We loved them anyway & there were a couple that were soft!)


No comments: