UPDATE: (Wednesday) I am so glad that I have been able to catch my mom & talk to her the last couple times I have called! Of course today she is a bit more coherent & remembering more details of what happened. She is really, really sore today but mainly in her shoulder, nose, & forehead she says.
She told me of her headlamp she wears on her forehead up to the coops so as she is feeding & cleaning she has her hands free (my kids have these for camping... they are nice!) She told me the story again how she kept telling the dogs to go get dad & what each of them did - but then after all her attempts to get help & none of them were working - she remembers that her right hand is all she could move & she was able to take her headlamp gadget off & was tilting the light back & forth hoping her neighbor who lives up on the hill overlooking my parent's property, might be looking out their window & come or call think something was wrong.... then she got choked up to tell me that he didn't come when she was flashing the light... (This is a neighbor that they don't all get along as their dogs all fight & get into each others stuff & property... so they don't speak much, etc.) BUT when dad called 911 to get help - this neighbor happened to have had his radio/scanner on & heard the call & came immediately to see what he could do (I think he is w/the EMT or FIRE Dept.). When he arrived he could tell her arm was out & helped get it close to her body, he stayed with Mom & Dad until the ambulance got there & then assisted & rode in the ambulance with her to keep her arm tight to her side until they could get her meds - as he knew how painful that type of injury was. She was grateful & of course it made her very humble that in the end he did come & was very compassionate to her situation - even after all the "hard" feelings they have had between them dealing with their animals.
We talked a bit more about "Wow" how certain things did happen for a reason & how things did work out for the good... how it could have been so much more worse - we take our daily lives for granted & we should be so much more thank-ful & grateful for all we do have.
WOW ... I enjoy thinking (especially when they are good thoughts) & looking back at life (especially when it is good) & how things happen for a reason, how people in our lives are there for a purpose, & how if "it" is meant to be... then it happens, if not - it just doesn't!! It is those quite moments of pondering the many blessings we each have & receive daily... being grateful! That make my heart swell!
(Tuesday) When I got to talk to her this afternoon she was in a lot of pain & trying to keep up with meds so it wouldn't get so bad. She says they have an apt.as soon as the swelling goes down to see if she will need a surgery on her shoulder to repair her Rotator cuff. (THANKS to so many who have called, taken in food, & visited!! I know she is not going to be so happy I blogged about all this & the "world" found out.... but she deserves to know that people do care about her & that she is important!!!)
She told me that it happened from behind so she isn't quite sure exactly what the horse was doing - but when she went down she remembers hitting her face & a lot of blood...of course she couldn't tell where it was coming from. She didn't say how here arm happened to get dislocated - I think that is something most of us would forget, but possibly from the jolt, or catching herself as she was landing?
She told me that she just kept telling the dogs to go get dad & they wouldn't move. She said Jack (their 2-3 yr old Golden Retriever) laid right next to her & licked the blood off her face, while Daisy (their older 1/2 lab, 1/2 hound - way short & wimpy looking) stood there barking at the horses to keep them back - as they didn't leave & this was scary to her (of course). So I asked her... so what happened - what did you do? How did & who found you.... She said with her shoulder the way it was she couldn't move at all... she couldn't lift her body or roll over. She kept shouting out & would tell the dogs to go get dad & they wouldn't leave (which I am glad in a sense!) .... so when she realized that nobody could hear her... all she could do is lay there & pray that someone would come. Of course her Prayer was answered..& dad arrived - she says he said it was only about an hour since she had left... but she said it felt like 2 hours or more!! In all reality who goes to check on mom while she is at the Chickens? Not many as she can spend hours up there enjoying them!! (She has a Chicken Coop MANSION & houses & cares for hundreds of chickens... O.k. maybe I am exaggerating? But maybe not... if I am not mistaken the coop is now as big as a 2 car garage, at least!!) Well she says when it all happened it was bright light out & when dad arrived it was pitch black. I haven't asked dad what his impressions were during that time, but he was able to call for an ambulance & they took her to the hospital. I can't imagine the sight, especially in the dark & not knowing what had happened!! TOO SCARY!!
Rest well & we hope the pain will lesson soon! Love you mom!!
I guess at about 2am they decided to admit my mom to the Hospital as they couldn't get her oxygen levels/body temp. to stay in the normal ranges. So she stayed in the Hospital & sounds like she had an uneventful night - Thank goodness!
I haven't been able to talk to her yet ... so if by some weird chance you start blog hopping before I talk to you ... We hope you are feeling a bit better today mom, I am sure you will be sore!! Call us if we can do anything & know that WE LOVE YOU!!!
(Monday night) On a more serious note, I received a call from my little sister just a bit ago letting me know that my Mom was in the emergency room. What??? (Yeah... panic!! I Don't have the whole story yet.) But something to the effect that they were trying to stabilizer her so that they could sedate her to fix her arm... as she had been found lying on the ground up at her chicken coops... with a dislocated arm, broken nose, & swollen face, w/scrapes & scratches on her neck & face. (Possibly from handling one of the (wild) horses & they possibly were spooked & kicked her?)
I just received a picture of her in the ER after they got her all cleaned up & her arm back together while they let her rest (not out of sedation yet). Dad called - pretty upset, saying that he didn't want me to rush over tonight that if all went well, they were hoping to be able to take her home to rest later tonight & start recuperating!! Ugh... my stomach is sick!! I can't believe this happened!! One more awakening - that life is just to short!We love you mom & are sorry this has happened!! A total flash back of Great Grandpa's accident 14-15+ years ago.... too! Not good!
We are praying for you & thinking about you!!! Loves & hugs!!!






2 comments:
Jeanna, I am sorry to hear about your Mom. I hope all will be alright. That is scarey. Let me know if I can help you in any way. I would be happy to watch your little ones during the day or whatever you need. Talk to you soon. Jodie
I am deaply sorry. Phone calls like that just don't want you to ever answer the phone to avoid not good news. I'm sure she'll be fine...Love ya! You and the family are in my thoughts and prayers...
Post a Comment