Tuesday, October 21, 2008

6 Quirky things about me... TAG!

Sorry Jackie... my blog frog hadn't let me know you had posted to your blog & so I didn't realize you had tagged me!! So today while blog hopping I found it!!! So here it goes... List 6 of my quirks, and then tag 6 other people. (I will do my best.. as it is now out of the bag... yes, I am not perfect!! Ugh!)

1-I don't like to touch feet & only touch mine when it is necessity & I don't give back rubs... this totally drives Dave Crazy...(but it does me too!!) He asks daily for a foot &/or back rub... to just drive me bananas, I think, or maybe he thinks if he asks enough - he will "break" me! PROBABLY NOT! (I don't mind them myself... but I won't barter for them either!)
2- I hate Ironing clothes... I will spritz them with water, try flattening with my hand (like that really works), or/& hang the item in a misty bathroom first before actually HAVING to iron them.
3- I am pretty fanatic about things being put back in "their place" as it drives me crazy when you can't find the dictionary... as it has a special place, same with toe nail clippers, screwdriver, shoes, etc... I don't claim to be perfectly organized, but there are certain things I like in certain places so I can find them & most things need to be in the general vicinity of where they belong.

4- It absolutely drives me crazy to have a stinky house (due to bad/old food, stinky diapers (babysitting), etc.) I am pretty obsessed with air fresheners, having my candles going, or the windows open & fans on.

5-When I go grocery shopping in town I have to start in the Veggie & fruit section & work my way across the store left to right... from the milk Isle to the front of the store... or I can't get my shopping done (especially when I go during social hour & talk to everyone!!) & I am the exact opposite when I go to Wally world... start in the Hair care isle & work front to back of the store & end at the fruit/veggie Isles...it is dumb... but can't shop or get the items on my list until I start in those 2 places (even if I don't need anything in those isles!!)

6-I have a freaky fetish with food & I am really working on it ... there are some foods that have to be just right or I can't eat them: Certain fruits & veggies have been a lifetime struggle - mainly as I have had allergic reactions to some of them & haven't eaten some for over 25 or more years!!! I am doing so much better in this department... but green beans, usually can't eat them unless they are "String or French Cut", corn... I can't eat Creamed Corn... Meat is a big one... especially chicken - I can't see or eat those fatty, vein-y things I see on them before cooking them or any fat... I have to cut it all out or off before I can even cook it, I can't eat the skin of any animal (after growing up killing/processing our own meat.), I can't eat meat that smells funny & if someone won't tell me what kind of meat it is - NOT GOING In my mouth!! (Is it child abuse to be told you are eating chicken when it is actually your pet bunnies/rabbits? UGH!!) Or FISH... just can't eat it & don't have anything really to associate this problem to, I can do Tuna with Mayo for sandwiches... but other than that w/fish - I just can't eat any of it!! (I know it is sad, cause my family loves it!)

Yes, I have many other quirks! No, I am not perfect!! & I am sure my kids could name more than 100 quirks... Anyway, I realize that LOTS of you have already been tagged for this... so the 6 people I tag are:

Jodie H., Tammy W., Debbi &/or Bill C., Marisa S., Michelle C. & Alicia W. ~ Have fun.

1 comment:

Jan said...

I'm so with you on a lot of these things. Especially number 3! Drives me even more crazy when I specifically put something somewhere and cannot remember where that somewhere was... Thanks for the update on your mom. I've been wondering all day - not knowing how things are going. I'm so glad she's home now!! Also, the pictures of last weekend were so fun.