Grandma Your F.H.E. was awesome!! Thanks for all you did for us tonight & for all your hard work!! We had a blast & we love you!!
Grandma had to have worked preparing our awesome F.H.E. tonight for months!! We had so much fun!! She had the ambiance & all... we walked into her house with dimmed lights & many decorations for Halloween (She tried real hard to get dry ice with no luck - as a hunter bought it all to ship an Elk out of state that he had shot.) But It was great even without the smoke.
Here is a fun slide show of our event tonight!! (Dave is threatening to take a hammer to my computer if I upload videos tonight... So if you find I don't blog for a couple months or answer my e-mail you know my computer is gone!! BUT hey the video will still be here!! Love ya Hun -the videos are too great not to post!) We had so much fun!
We started off with the kids doing a coloring page or a worksheet as we waited for all to arrive!!
Grandma then gave us her little lesson - which we all cried!! (I personally think Grandpa was with us, as our emotions were high! I sensed he was proud of all her hard work too & I am sure he longed to physically be there with us as he would have just had the best time, especially teasing the kids!)
We had a special dinner - with Sloppy joe served out of a pumpkin on the best wheat buns, jello gigglers, fruit kabobs, veggies, pumpkin shaped cheese slices, & special punch w/sherbet in it & gummy worms climbing out of our cups! YUMMY!! Then We each got to decorate our own "Pupcakes" (Madi calls them)... the kids had fun with being able to use their own "big kid" skills!! I got a cute picture of Brady helping Collin... it was too cute!!
Here are the fun activities Grandma planned for all of us:
Darren got to eat a pie without hands... but got a lot of help from Dave & the kids pushing his face in it & lifting the pan to him... he was a mess!! But a good sport!! Emily got to sip water through a sippy cup... we all learned it isn't as easy as it looks!, Then Ashlyn chose the Trick: to stuff 12 marshmallows in your mouth ... many gave it a try & we have many fun photos from that!! Darren of course won by sticking 14 in his mouth!! GEE BOY!! Grandma had to walk with a plate on her head, quarter in her eye, & pillow between her legs!! She was quite talented, I think she had been practicing!! Garrett got to do a dramatic version of Twinkle, Twinkle, Little star.
Then we had a bubble gum blowing contest... many gave this their best try & Brady of course was amused at the idea of being able to have gum & try, he gave it his best shot!! Then the kids went out for a spooky "treasure hunt" ... Garrett off to the back of the yard howling & making noises... while the kids screamed & coward around Darren to protect them as they found their treasure bags!! Then Grandma had yummy hot chocolate with those cute marshmallow ghosts in it. Then Grandma was really excited to have a donut eating contest & held it right in the family room!!! Since she will be getting new carpet soon - she was more than delighted to let the kids make a mess for now... Garrett even ate his off the floor & had a good time doing it!!
Thanks Grandma for the wonderful time & memories!! We will watch our slide show & clips for a long, long time laughing!! Loves & Hugs!









1 comment:
Shavey,
I sure miss all that singing. I have not heard it in a long time. Also the dance was very nice. Looks like you all had a very good time. I am sad that I missed it. Miss you all. See you soon.
Vicki
Post a Comment