If anyone was unable to go to the broadcast or be at the General Relief Society Conference in person... I urge everyone to take the opportunity to read the talks (when they are posted) or go online & watch it. Click on the link above & it will take you right to it!
It will be re-broadcast on TV for the next month it looks like to & you can find that schedule here.
I truly was touched by Sister Thompson's & President Dieter F. Uchtdorf's talks.
Service, Service, Service, True happiness comes from serving!! What about the thoughts on creating... that was amazing!! I have never heard a talk about being creative or about creating things... that was very neat & both rang true in my heart!!
I have a few things I want to quote & remember from those talks that really impressed my mind - The only one I have is: "The number of prayers we say may contribute to our happiness, but the number of prayers we answer may be of even greater importance. Let us open our eyes and see the heavy hearts, notice the loneliness and despair, let us feel the silent prayers of others around us, and let us be an instrument in the hands of the Lord to answer those prayers." President Dieter F. Uchtdorf
The others I am sure I will type/say it wrong - so I will have to wait until it is published & then I will add it! Let me know of your thoughts or things that really touched you... I would love to hear other's thoughts!!
Have a great week!
Sunday, September 28, 2008
General Relief Society Conference
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






No comments:
Post a Comment