Tuesday, September 30, 2008

GARRETT Over the Hill? Nice Birthday Eve Surprise....

O.k. who paid Garrett's friends to be so nice? He got a nice surprise when the doorbell rang on the Eve of his Birthday... to his amusement there was nobody there but....
A special CHOCOLATE Birthday cake, a HUGE bag of his favorite Candies, & An awesome sign posted in the Yard wishing him a Happy Birthday!!We know who the nice friend is... but we won't say her name!!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY GARRETT!!

Wow - I can't believe it has almost been 13 years ago tonight!!
It is a nightmare (I don't say that to be mean) to remember the actual night I brought my first child into this world... as it was one of the most physically painful I have ever been through in all my life. I truly didn't think I was going to live to see morning come. But in all honesty & now looking back 13 years - it was worth every minute, lb. & oz. of pain I went through!! The experience of bringing you into this world & becoming a mother has changed my life forever & I will always be grateful to you for this experience!!
I love you big guy!! (Look some things never change!!!)
I hope you have a very Happy Birthday!!

Here is my big 10# baby boy at 4 days old. He could hold up his own head & smile already (even though he wouldn't do it for this camera!)
Here is Dave w/Garrett the day we brought him home from the hospital.
Here I am napping.. white as a ghost, w/ black rings around my eyes, weaker than I have ever been, trying to rest & gain back some energy. I am so grateful Garrett was a great baby!! More grateful he is a great Kid... oops Teenager (now!)
Here is our sweet boy at 6 months old.
Here he is at 1 year old!! We love you Garrett!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!
I can't wait for him to wake up to his Birthday surprise... even though I am pretty sure he already found it!! SNOOPY!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Garrett, you have always been a special angel to all of us.

Chelsea said...

He is such a great kid. I love looking at those pictures. I remember I had the 6 month picture on my key chain for a long time. Ohh....