Friday, September 26, 2008

Dad's Birthday & nature...

Here are some pictures from Dave's birthday this afternoon - everyone jumped in for a quick shot. The little kids think it is great - that Dad always let's them help open his presents & enjoy in the excitement. Brady had too much fun... until he got the present open - then he would say "Oh, just a song".. for a CD he opened!!(You can see his expression in the last picture.) It was funny.. not as exciting for a 3 year old!!

Here is an anomaly we had outside Tyler's bedroom window this morning - I couldn't quite figure out what was going on & was determined I was probably going to have to call Game & Fish to come rescue this deer from whatever it had stuck to it. (Click on the photos to enlarge them.) Well - through 2 panes of glass & a screen - I am thinking the right antler is black & has grown down in front of the deer's mouth. The left anter goes up like normal.. the right curves down like a face mask. Truly weird!! But cool we get to see these things so close up.

Here are a few photos of some "Bumble bees" working on some pretty flowers we have outside our front door... I haven't seen a bee in years.... we have yellow jackets everywhere - so this was neat watching them.

I am going to post some of my most favorite photos (wildlife/nature) that I have taken this summer & I need everyone to vote on your favorites as I am going to submit them into a "Nature/Wildlife" photo contest & can't submit more than 5 & of course I have a few more than 5... So I will need some help choosing the very best!! So watch for that soon.

Have a great weekend!!

2 comments:

Andy said...

The pictures are great! It was tough to choose, but I'd say the 3rd. -Jan

DeVon said...

Happy (belated) Birthday, Dave!