Well - Fiddler on the Roof ended with great success after 2 shows Saturday & a Huge Family & Cast party! The kids (well the girls mostly cried) cried when it was over! They just didn't want it to be done or leave each others presence... which is a HUGE sign of how much fun they had together & what an impact the program had on all of them! Here is a picture of the whole cast after Sat. night's show. (Tyler is the 3rd on the right in all black, then Garrett is over about 1/3 the way towards the center & you can see part of his black hat & his little cheeks poking through behind the boy in the maroon top) -
The boys wanted to stay & help all night!! So I compromised & we stayed until about 11pm & we helped "Strike" the stage which means to take it all apart!! So the boys helped take shingles off the house, remove screws, clean the stage - I helped for a while on stage until (I think they thought I was a wimp) But I enjoyed climbing on ladders & taking things apart with a screw driver & such... then I was sent to help in the costume shop!! Which was just as fun - just hot as they had started doing laundry & washing all the costumes!! (Here is Garrett in orange helping to take apart a wall. Tyler was hard to keep track of - he followed all the big guys around & enjoyed helping them.)
The night before a huge group of the kids got together at Applebees & had dessert... they had a good time with each other. I am glad that my boys had the experience to associate & be with such great examples & influences over the past couple weeks - it has been fun! I am glad though that the manager didn't ask them to leave a time or 2 as they broke out in song as a group! (Singing their songs from the show - which actually sounded great... but at a restaurant?! Many turned red... the rest enjoyed!) I don't think to many in the restaurant were upset as most had just come from the concert at the fair ... The kids probably should have stood up & invited everyone to come see the show the next night! What an awesome group of kids & what talent!!
Tyler got back just about an hour before the 1st Sat. performance & was so excited to be able to participate! He was so excited to get to wear all "BLACK" so he could help change the scenes during the ACTS with the College students & his teachers from his classes - it was too dark to take his picture during that time - but here is another job he adopted pretty quick before the doors opened before each show:He told me he wouldn't smile for this picture...as it was hard work!! He did such a great job! Grandma Young was able to come back for the last show & was able to see him as he ran out onto the stage to carry his crate to it's special spot each time & to help move the house around as it changed spots!!
(They were always to busy to pose together for me - so I just had to make a picture of them together myself!!)

Here are some of the goods from Grandma (& Grandpa) Young's Garden: Cabbage, Broccoli, & Cauliflower.... like I said - Miracle grow from heaven for sure & man are they Yummy!!
Thanks Grandma & Grandpa Welling for taking the 2 little ones the past couple days!! It sure helped while I was getting ready for camp & helping the boys at the theater!! BY THE WAY - when did the Evanston TOOTH FAIRY start paying so much for a tooth, especially for such a small one??? It must be inflation!! Tyler was so Jealous!! You have made the GR Fairy look bad!! Madison was so proud to have been at the fair with Grandma & Grandpa & realized she had another loose tooth - touched it & it actually came right out!! (She lost her 3rd tooth last week & then this was her 4th.... gee she isn't going to have anymore teeth to loose for Kindergarten if she keeps this up & then she won't get her name on the tooth chart!! Tyler has been our only one who never lost a tooth till the 2nd grade - that was so hard, as by then the teachers aren't keeping track of who looses teeth anymore! )
Signing off for the upcoming week as I head out tomorrow for Girls Camp (wish me luck!) - Garrett is off to BSA camp & The little kids having fun with friends, grandma, & Dave in town all week long!! See you in a few..... 5 days!! ;) ...
Maybe you might all get lucky & Dave will jump in & blog for me while I am gone!! (Don't hold your breath!) I dare him to though (smile, smile)!! :) Love you Honey!! See you soon! (Muah!!)






1 comment:
You tell that Grandma Young to let that special Garden Angel know that I would really appreciate a little blessing on my flower/vegetable gardens next year. I think that special Garden Angel is showing Doreen that he is very close by.
Post a Comment