For most of you who will read this, you will understand when I say this is a precious moment in our house.
This is our Tyler... He is our child that takes a lot of love, patience, & understanding. He does have a special syndrome, which gives us comfort in knowing that there are reasons for the trails we get to go through with him. Unfortunately, there are no answers on how or what we can do to make life easier. We find it is a huge learning process on all our parts daily!
He has a heart of gold & will do anything for anyone, but when nobody else is around he lets loose & we really struggle at home quite often. It has been a really hard past 4 months. Then to add to our plate of struggles, I started packing 30 days before we had to move (cause I knew I wouldn't get it all done in just a week) - so that messed up his environment & schedule, then we moved (which was very hard for him to understand how it would all work out), then we spent hours upon hours unpacking, then for him to trying to finishing up the school year & transition to a new school hasn't been easy, field trips & busy schedules, then loosing grandpa, & going, going, going.
This picture was taken Sunday after a long, hard week, the Funeral, Graduation, etc... We were all exhausted, we needed to rest, we needed to be quiet for just a while! We begged the kids to PLEASE lay down & take a nap! We were so grateful they were as tired as we were. Well, when we did wake up, we realized it was getting late & needed to get everyone else up or they wouldn't be wanting to go to bed that night... I looked & looked around as I woke the other kids up & I couldn't find Tyler anywhere. It then occurred to me that I better go look outside (as my heart was about to pound out of my chest! !) As I approached our back door to go look outside all my fears left as this is what I found.
He hadn't been able to fall asleep on his bed, the couch, etc... so he finally took his scriptures out to read on the deck & this was the end result! Fast to sleep & SILENT! (I was surprised he didn't end up on the tramp as it was only a few feet away.) He slept really well considering it was so hard. A Precious Moment!!
Wednesday, June 11, 2008
Precious Moments...
(I am very happy to report that things have been going a lot better for Tyler the past week. The warm weather & being outside a lot more seems to be helping him to relax & get his energy channeled a better direction!)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






3 comments:
Oh that is truly sweet. Little Tyler!! :) Love you guys
Rachel
That really is a precious picture.
Sleeping outside can be pretty relaxing... Maybe you'll find him out here more often.
Post a Comment