Preparing for Madison's 1st big Dance recital - I had to think back & reminisce on my (much)
younger dancing days...& how much fun it was. I loved it all - the costumes, the make-up, the hair, all of it... Well, go figure - so does Madison!! (Yeah!) I
am glad!! Being my only girl it has been fun to share with her some of the same loves as she grows up! (I always wondered if she would end up being a tom-boy because of her brothers... well, she is far from that & most of the time you can find me saying... that I can only handle ONE of "her" too!)
In my reminiscing - funny to look back at photos. Here is a picture of myself at the Salt Palace at a competition when I was little & here is a picture of Madi posing in her costume.We are excited this fun new group just moved to town & Madison has loved every minute of it. She told me one day... "Mom, know what I want to be when I grow up?" "Yes, Madison... I think you told me yesterday that you want to be a dancer," I said. She goes on, "Well, mom... I want to be a dancer but not the kind that do tap dancing!" I HAD TO LAUGH!! I took tap when I was really young & I don't remember caring for it either & then when we got to middle school we started clogging & that was very busy & active... I wondered with putting her in this group, how she would like tap? (As they start them in Ballet & Tap to start teaching them technique.) So I got a kick out of her telling me that she loves Ballet... but will pass on the tap!
She did a great job!!
This was a busy day... we stopped back after the grave site to stay with my family that night, then Saturday Morning we attended my sister's High School graduation, then came home to clean up, & off to the recital - so at the end of the evening we took this 4 generation photo of my Grandma Bessie from ID & my mom Debbie who drove over for the recital & then they had to head home... here we are in our backyard - (Don't mind my puffy eyes from crying all week!):
Wednesday, June 11, 2008
Madison's Dance Recital....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






3 comments:
Jeanna!
She looks exactly like you...so pretty! I am going to be coming home for Treyson 6 month well visit and then I am going to spend some time in GR...I would love to come and visit with you...anyways I love you family...
Kerri
Oh! How fun! I'm glad that she enjoyed her dancing so much. Even if it was tap! LOL! She looks really cute. Wish we could have seen her.
What a cute girl!
Post a Comment