For those who haven't heard Garrett won his School Spelling Bee a month ago.
Today was the County Spelling Bee Championships held at WWCC. (Which included 6th, 7th, & 8th graders)
Garrett placed 2nd overall & then placed the top 6th grade speller.
Green Medal is for scoring in the top 20 - today after a written test.
Then he received 2 trophies, 2 gift certificates to a local book store, & a small cash prize donated by the Newspaper.
3rd place - Dan M. also from Garrett's school (& a 6th grader) won in a tie breaker. (Dan placed 2nd in the School Spelling Bee.)
We are so excited for him!! He did such a great job!!! (For those who didn't hear he won 2nd place in the School Geography Bee the day after winning the Spelling bee - so just showing off all those brains he has!!)
On to the State Competition in Casper next month!! WOW!!!
While Garrett was in the Championships - they would open the doors so I could peak in as I have my 4 little kids with me & they wouldn't allow small children who couldn't be quiet (But I did get to see Garrett spell 3 words - which were hard & I didn't know if he spelled 2 of them correct or not).... so in the meantime we toured the college. They of course have dinosaurs to see & lots of them... but this Wildlife museum is one of my favorites... here are the little kids & a couple pics. (So we counted it as a "Field trip"!!)
Oh before I sign off... Dave gave me this Calla Lily plant about 2 years ago after I had completed a "Calla Lily wedding" & it was so pretty... but all of a sudden one day it died.. I couldn't bare to dig it up & toss it, so I poked plastic plant/greenery in the bucket hoping maybe it would come back someday.... Well like I said almost 2 years later - look what just started poking up the other day through my plastic plant, so I removed the plastic part & now have the most perfect/beautiful Calla lily ever!!

Oh before I sign off... Dave gave me this Calla Lily plant about 2 years ago after I had completed a "Calla Lily wedding" & it was so pretty... but all of a sudden one day it died.. I couldn't bare to dig it up & toss it, so I poked plastic plant/greenery in the bucket hoping maybe it would come back someday.... Well like I said almost 2 years later - look what just started poking up the other day through my plastic plant, so I removed the plastic part & now have the most perfect/beautiful Calla lily ever!!






2 comments:
wow! Tell Garrett good job. Thats cool. Cool flower too... is it inside? We don't grow flowers where I'm from...much too cold!
Oh, yes - indoors, right next to the sunny window & the heater vent on the floor! :) Love ya!
Post a Comment