Sunday, February 17, 2008

Our weekend... at Cinder-elsea's Castle....

This weekend we ran down (carefully & white-knuckled as we drove from L.A. to the "Sisters" on disastrous roads) to UT to help one of my younger sister's move. As we were packing our things into our car to leave - Madi asked when do we get to come back to Cinderella's Castle... I had to laugh... we'll just have to call it "Cinder-Chelsea's Castle"!! Of course it is a gorgeous home & there is an actual Cinderella Stage Coach in Adri's room now - (as long as little mice don't turn into horses & carry her away at night)! They are set!!

Here I ran out to get some movies from the car & the sun was going down... so I grabbed my camera from the car to take a quick shot... as I knew it might be a while till we hear from them since they are headed on a few trips (Disney Land & France) over the next couple weeks & knew that many of you probably wouldn't be in the area anytime soon either.

It was both fun & exhausting as there was a lot of work to get done, but in the end we had accomplished a lot & it looked pretty great when we had to leave.

The kids had a blast on the indoor running track (they learned quick that socks & long pants made for a dangerous adventure as many corners were hit & heads were bumped, but we came away with not 1 drop of spilled blood)... I think in all they did well over 500 laps as they chased each other around & around the house giggling!! It was so easy for me to help & get things done as the kids were easily entertained with one another for hours on end & were pretty much as close as it comes to angels - they had a great time, especially in the north wing Playroom!...o.k. sometimes it was the ballroom too. (I think it was the north?) :)
James loved me too, after I warmed him up with a couple dozen gummy bears ... o.k. as long as mom & dad were gone too. Too Sweet!! (Now looking back on it, I should have taken some shots of the kids - but there was so much to do. Another day & time I suppose.)

We stopped in & ate Cafe Rio' (yummy!!) with Tam, Josh, & Tony as we headed home. Then since it was getting dark, I didn't dare drive I-80 after what I had experienced the day before... so, we jaunted over to my folks place to stay the night (since they & other Family members were enjoying the WARM weather in St. George - I was truly Jealous!!)....Anyway, I think we terrified the little guy that comes over to take care of all the animals this morning, so luckily he didn't call the police. I think I got lucky cause he thought I was Mason's Mom!! :) .... I tried to tell him I wasn't - but I don't think he believed me.

Luckily the roads today were much nicer & all the snow/ice was melted or blown anyway. Nothing compared to Friday so that was a great blessing. We saw a few vehicles & several semis off the road, what a wild winter we have had!

No comments: