I am going to call it the cycle. As since the 1st or 2nd grade I realized that for him, Jan - April were the worst months of the year & it is a cycle for him!
It is happening again - who knows what it will be this time - Last week it was a art teacher who ripped up an assignment of his & told him it wasn't good enough & that anything from there on out - he'd rip up too!! (WHAT?) Then being isolated to a table in the back of the room where he can't see, then made a spectacle of in front of his class. Then to top it off - threatening to call & e-mail me (his mother) to come right then & to deal with him!!
You say & do these things to a child in his situation - what good is going to come from it?
I know so many times in life each & everyone of us act &/or speak without thinking.
I took the appropriate steps to try & resolve this problem... I have a feeling... Hence the feeling of a mother is usually right!! That this teacher isn't changing his behavior...
Grades in 1 week have all plummeted to D's & C's from A's & B's... this won't be able to be reversed... it will only get worse this week. What hope? for school & grades?
He is a raging mess each night. He isn't eating, sleeping, acting normal. He is in another world....
The thoughts & mysteries that we have to look forward to.... This isn't something I'd ever wish on a child, nor a family. I know there are much worse things we could experience... but this is hard!!
Tuesday, March 9, 2010
The cycle...
Labels:
Tyler hardtimes
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






2 comments:
Oh Im sorry, who are talking about!! Thats not fair..hope its gets better for you!
This is Tyler. He has some special needs that are linked to having an extra chromosome. Frustrating for sure!!
Post a Comment