Many times on this path of life... I have to remind myself that Life is good, probably more than that, is that Our Heavenly Father is Great!! I am so grateful for all my many blessings & particularly for my family. What an amazing thing it is to have a family.
The past several months have been awfully hard at times. I have wanted to blog about many of the situations or how I have thought, felt, etc... but haven't....
But, at this time I want to record that our Heavenly Father is amazing. He is always there. He loves us & wants the best for us & he wants us to be Happy.
Tonight in our FHE - I wanted to express to my kids the truthfulness of living as close to the commandments as possible & that by being obedient - the Lord will bless our lives. Garrett taught the lesson & used a talk in the friend about the little boy who prays that his dog will survive being hit by a car & then his dog dies. How he was so upset that his prayer wasn't answered.
I loved this story & it brought me back to a very tender time in my life. I shared with my kids how during this time I was so heartbroken that a prayer of mine wasn't being answered the way I thought it should have been... but, how I am so grateful that my Heavenly Father didn't give up on me during that hard time in my life...that he gave me assurances that if I would trust in him... he would provide a way & as I was able to look back at that time - I could see how he was helping to set things in place for a much better event in my life to take place. That during the time I couldn't understand & I cried myself to sleep many times... but as I had faith & continued to do my part ... the final outcome brought me so much happiness & made it possible for me to be where I am right now!
I am so grateful for many unanswered & answered prayers in my life. I know that the Lord has a plan, I know that he loves us, I know that he wants us to be happy. I truly believe that he will guide & protect us, but that all things will come to pass in his time frame! I know that no matter what others think or say... it all comes down to our individual choices & the true intentions of our hearts. I know that Heavenly Father is very aware of our intentions & that if they are in line with what he would have us do... that we will be & are blessed for our very best efforts.
I am so grateful for this life. What an amazing process it is. How short the time really is for it seems to pass by so quickly... especially the older I get. It makes me want to cry thinking I have possibly passed my 1/2 way mark in life... I am sure that the rest will pass by too quickly & so I must not try to dwell on it!!
I truly do love life - with all it's goods & bads. I am grateful for the comfort & peace my Savior & the gospel brings into my life to help me each day!
I truly love my kids & my husband!! What better thing could the Lord have blessed us with? What a way to make our journey better & the most enjoyable!! I love each of them with all my heart & realize that it is through their hardships & trials too that I struggle, but also learn a lot!! I always pray that I will be inspired & know how to help them in their lives as I know they were sent to me as I have something the Lord knows I can offer to help them along their path in life. I get so tickled when I see things working that we have tried, taught, or have faith in.
In summary - Life is Good... !
Monday, February 8, 2010
Life is good....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






No comments:
Post a Comment