It is finally gone as of tonight, the tile, carpet, even the planter box under the stairs!!! Yeah!! The house looks/feels pretty weird right now & it echos like crazy!! :) (Things we don't notice when we have carpet!!)
While we are gone... we thought it would be a good time to finally get this done!!! Yeah!!! Can't wait to see it when it is done!!
During my frustrations this week (more below) I spent lots o' time building/making a new flower bed... Thanks so much to Garrett for his help (I didn't get pictures of it happening... but will need to get some soon now that it is done!) I worked many hours in making a flowerbed a cross the front of the house, Garrett cut all the SOD by hand/shovel/steak knife (lol) & then I was able to clean up the sod, de-worm it :), put my stones up, then the family who bought our Juniper house had offered me to come take
some of their over growth off their hands - which I graciously accepted... so I was able to fill my new flower bed with plants I helped plant & take care of for so many years!!! YEAH!! They look good right now, but being transplanted they might start looking sad in the next week or so?
Who knows with all this amazing rain - maybe they will do wonderful? Who knows!!! (Rain every day almost like clock work after 2:30ish & on & off the rest of the evening! The river is really high & on the news today we heard that Fontenelle Dam is 5' away from being at capacity!! Wow!)
This has been a long week! I don't know why it all had to happen this week, but I am thinking I am going to be terribly grateful when it is all said & done! TB tests to start it off. I had a 3.5 hour inspection/training/certification for being a child care provider (DFS) Tuesday... that is the least pleasant experience anyone should ever have to go through!! I will not comment anymore - as It would be a 15 page vent session & my family has heard enough!!! (I still have 2 more inspections to go & 1 more TB test!!) Then I had a webinar on Medication Assistance Wed. & another 2 hours... of silly federal RULES & LOTS more paperwork for everyone!! (Especially for those who only have have to give verbal reminders to clients or help pop the pills out of the foil wrapper so their clients can take their own meds!!!) .... UGH!! Pull out my hair day again!! Then that evening we started moving furniture & all stuff out of the rooms...I did start to panic a bit about how my DDD re-certification would go the next day with a partially empty house (as last years specialist was a Nazi & should have joined the DFS)... But had that inspection/recert. today - I think it MAYBE lasted an hour tops, the inspector was amazing, positive, happy, kind, (I then again panicked as I forgot I needed the van home...& had taken it the night before to get new front tires before the weekend, so we had to take a field trip :) to the Tire store to inspect the Van.) But while in the parking lot - he rewarded me a 2 YEAR re -certification!!!! (Which is new!!! YEAH!!) First time in 15 years, I get a bit of a break!!!
Tyler has been participating in the Adventure Challenger program this week & enjoys riding the bikes everywhere... but with the rain it hasn't made the camp as fun this year & they enrolled to many kids, so they are needing to share the bikes & only get to do 1/2 the course then let the partner finish it.... so? He enjoys the exercise & break!!! :)
Today, Garrett & I went to lunch - he picked Mi Casita & we enjoyed a Mother/son afternoon out in between him cutting lawns & me working in the flower bed!!! I am not sure if Garrett & I have ever done anything alone in YEARS!!! It was fun to go to lunch & visit about life & not be interupted.... oops that was till management noticed we weren't at work anymore!!! he, he, he... Dave caught us on the phone while at lunch & was a bit jealous he wasn't with us!! (Paybacks for all the Coyote Creek dinners I don't get to go with!! :) ... actually Coyote Creek paybacks, that would take 10000's of lunches out to be paybacks!! LOL!!) Love ya hun!
Wed. morning I met my mom in Lyman at the rest stop to deliver my kids, she wanted them to come for a visit for a couple days & help, hoping the baby chicks come - I think my kids will have fun no matter if they come or not!!! So the little ones have been gone & it has been awfully quiet & sometimes lonely when I sit for a moment & think!!! But havne't made much time for that!!!
QUICK Rest stop story: I was sitting with my kids waiting for my mom to arrive & I noticed a man walking up to one of the cabanas... So I think: "yeah he is walking around taking a break/stretching"... then I notice he has a glass beer bottle hanging out of his pocket... HUM, that is weird, I hope he isn't going to sit down & drink - then hop back into his car & get out on the Highway... So I glance over now & then, he continues to sit, then walk, stretch - I notice he puts the beer bottle on the cement by the table leg, but he never drank it? Then the next time I glanced over he was gone - beer bottle still there... So didn't think much more about it.
Then my mom showed up, we visited, she loaded up the kids & I took off around the building & as I passed it... there was the man & a lady with cardboard signs "asking/begging" for money for their trip.... WELL???? So I continued around the back of the building where now I was on the opposite side of the cabana from where the man sat earlier & as I was approaching it to leave the rest stop & noticed a pile of these glass beer bottles there..... (I am dying that I am even telling on myself!!) ... BUT The VAN stops, I jump out - dash across the lawn - gather up the beer bottles... some were still 1/2 full, one was full, several empty & I ran back to the Van... dumping them all in the trash!!!! I am praying & hoping they don't hear the clanking of the bottles & come running after me... but I knew I was closer to the van than they were to running & finding me.... but I was dying that I actually stopped & was tossing his beer in the garbage... I just wanted to make sure that he had something to use his money on after they had begged for it!!! UGH!!! I just hope the lady (if she hadn't been drinking) actually drove them ... wherever they were going afterwords!! I would have loved to have been a blade of grass or a fly on the cabana when he realized all his bottles & his leftover beer was gone!!!! :) (TOO FUNNY!! STILL can't believe I did that!!)






1 comment:
You are crazy. I wished that I would have been there to help you dump those beer bottles. Too funny. I can't wait to see your carpet and tile. That will be so awesome to have done. Have a great trip and be careful!! Love, Jodie
Post a Comment