It is funny how we take our Bishops for granted & how sometimes they don't seem to be human like? (sometimes) ... once you have a family member become one, your eyes are opened (for sure). Still doesn't always seem like it is real... our dad, the BISHOP? We know he is human, we know the calling is from our Heavenly Father, & yes, we do support him!! (Even though it is still kind-a like a "surreal thing." Don't know if any can relate... just kinda wild!)
So considering this Primary activity was called "Meet the Bishop" & our dad is our Bishop.... I had to laugh, as going to our Primary activity I wanted to visit with my kids & let them know, that if they played a game & asked questions about Dad (being bishop)... don't be a "know it all" & shout out all the answers!!
But then.... Who would have thought the Bishop's own family didn't know him!!! After 15 years of thinking Dave's favorite candy bar was a Twix & then it switched over to a Kit Kat.... who would have thought that all along it was an Almond Joy??? He never even buys Almond Joy, I can't even say I have ever seen him eat one!!It was actually quite funny as the Primary Pres. asked Doreen (his mom) to answer all the questions too... come to find out, not one of her answers were the same as Dave's either... so goes to show he is a secret person deep down!!! :P Or he just changes his mind to often & doesn't tell anyone!!! :)
Anyway - it was funny!! The kids all had a great time (including our kids) getting to know the Bishop!! They got to make Hats... as DAVE Loved hats when he was little kid & had one for every occasion: Football, playing, fire hat, baseball, etc... then they got to learn a song about the Bishop, then listened to & re-enacted Dave's Favorite Bible story (David & Goliath), then they got to play "Bishop Bingo", & some other fun games! It was interesting how even Madison - When I picked up said
"Mom, I didn't know anything about the Bishop!!!" (Hum... is that sad?!! I don't know
what to say!! )
Here are all the cute Primary kids in our ward who were able to attend the activity!
Wednesday, May 20, 2009
Meet the Bishop.... (Primary Activity)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






1 comment:
It is about time you finally post on your blog. You have been killing me.
That is too funny about the Bishop activity. Torrey and I played that game at my Bridal shower and I answered pretty much all of them right but today would probably be a different story. These men are Mysteries!
Anyway, I hope you have an awesome last day of work or do you continue for a couple of days? Love, Jodie
Post a Comment