Wednesday, April 1, 2009

An Optimist..... & April Fool's day

Funny - Kids really do listen.
I was on my way to the case lot sale tonight at Smiths & had Madison & Brady with me. On the radio blares this ad about being an "Optimist"... yeah, not an Optometrist, or anything else an "Optimist"... I can't remember word for word, but a little girl is talking to someone & tells them how Optimists are great people... cause Optimists Help People. So she goes on to say... I want to be an Optimist when I grow up...

So then the ad is over! Out of no where Brady says... "Madi that is great... do you want to be that?" Madison says "What?" Brady says "Madison, you & me can be an Optimist" ... Pause from Madison... Brady says "Madison Optimists help people & that is a good thing, we want to be that when we grow up to"... you can tell Madi isn't listening or just not getting it & says "uh"... so Brady says "that is what I want to be Madison when I grow up, an Optimist & I am going to help people." Then the conversation was over!!! Not another word was said!

I was dying - I can't believe he caught all that, listened (no catchy music or phrases), & then explained it to her & wanted to become an "Optimist" just cause the little girl mentioned it & explained "it helps people"!! Wow - how cool!! One of those neat mom moments!! (Had to write it down!! Especially as he turns 4 next week! Ouch!)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

April Fools....
So for myself, I haven't ever really been "into" April fools - but I knew I could get the boys (or at least remind them it was April Fool's day) ... I had been up getting ready & the boys were about 20 minutes from leaving for the bus & I came out of my room & saw Tyler & said "Oh, dad didn't tell you?" He said "what" - I said "That school was canceled it is a snow day?" Man did I get him... he was all ready to go strip off his school clothes & climb back into bed until I said "April Fool's Day!" Luckily he took it lightly & wasn't too upset... I could see the wheels turning of how he was going to enjoy April Fool's Day... Garrett wasn't very happy that my news was actually "April fools!"

Madison on the other hand I went in to wake her up & told her to hurry & get up... Santa Claus had come & she needed to come see... just waking up, you could see her wheels turning????? MOM? Santa came? Why, It is suppose to be Easter time?.... I almost had her out of bed with that one (She hates waking up in the morning!) But then I had to tell her "April Fools"... then I had to explain what that meant.... but then she went off to school & caught the Bug of "April Fools," you could tell all the kids at school had a ball with it... as once she got home - every minute she was saying something like... "Look a bear is behind you... April Fool's." She could have gone on for hours!! (Aaaah! Love the excitement!)

Dave even tried his luck at playing April fools... as he had been the blunt of Madison's "pranks" for a while once he arrived home ... so he was carrying laundry down the stairs & decided to lay down going head first down the stairs (I should have taken a picture)... then he kept hollering... "Help, I have fallen... Help" - (Funny as nobody responded for the longest time -) then Brady heard & came darting to his rescue where it turned into a tickle match as soon as everyone learned Dad was in a bind upside down on the stairs with the laundry under him!! Too funny!!

2 comments:

Christian, Kerri, & The Boys said...

Too Funny!

Doug and Marilyn said...

How fun and sooo cute! I love your little family! :)