Friday, March 27, 2009

Jeanna's Chicken Rice Salad

I have decided to make one of my favorite salads for my nephews baptism tomorrow & thought I might as well share it, & then I can add it to our ward cookbook too once I have typed it! ~ Enjoy


Jeanna's Chicken Rice Salad

5 c. cubed cooked chicken
3 c. cooked rice
1 1/2 c. diced green pepper
1 1/2 c. sliced celery
1 can (20 oz) pineapple tidbits, drained (optional)
3/4 c. mayonnaise
4 teas. orange juice
2 teas. vinegar
1 teas. salt
1/2 teas. ground ginger
1/4 teas. garlic salt
1 can (15 oz.) mandarin oranges, drained
1 c. slivered almonds (toasted)

In a large bowl, combine the first 5 ingredients. In a small bowl, combine mayonnaise, orange juice, vinegar, salt, ginger, & garlic salt. Pour over salad & toss. Refrigerate. Just before serving, fold in the oranges & almonds. Yields: 12+ servings