Tuesday, March 17, 2009

He's gone, but he's here....virtual time with dad! Madison & her new fashion statement

SO neat!!! Dad is gone for the week for business in MO!! (Things have been touch & go for the last several months with Tyler &) I knew this might be a hard time for all the kids to have dad gone for a full week! SO.. I decided to set up his laptop so that once he left we could have some virtual family time with him before the kids went to bed at night!! Tonight He finally figured out how to use the "Free" internet at his hotel, so we got to spend some time with him... ask him homework questions, talk about our day & how it went, about the new boundary changes voted into place at the school board meeting tonight (option #4), & hear about his dinner with a good friend, etc.

The kids loved it!! Couldn't get enough camera time themselves!! Brady & Madison were all giggles watching dad pretend to pick his nose & making faces at them!! :) When it came right down to it.. they were each giving dad kisses through my computer screen & hugging the monitor good night!! It was sweet!! Brady even let out a gasping cry as he walked away from the computer to go get ready for bed... I had to reassure him it would only be a few more days & we would get to really hug dad & that it would be o.k.!! :)

We love ya hunny!! Miss you too!! (Don't have to much fun without us!! He thinks he is going to Cabela's tomorrow... to bad his budget is only $12.50) SMILES I am just glad he is flying & isn't daring enough to mail anything BIG home... so we should be safe!!!


Here is Madison after school today posing with one of her art projects for St. Pat's day:


Also... is this a new fad? Madison swears to me that it is the "NEW" cool thing at school to wear skirts with pants underneath... I said "yeah of course in WYOMING... where the wind blows 200 miles an hour & can snow in the middle of the summer." But she says "no, mom it just looks awesome!" So here she went off to school wearing her sweet St. Pat's outfit with Black dance pants underneath!! (I guess she can make anything look cute though!! :) I guess one way to look at it is - at least I don't have to worry about her being modest while at school being in a dress!!! Everything is covered!!

3 comments:

Doug and Marilyn said...

Technology sure is amazing. How fun for all of you to be able to see him still!!
And as for the pants with a dress look, she's right, it's in!!! What a little fashionista you have

Marlene said...

My girls love too "see" dad when he is gone on a trip too. It helps keep the tears at a minimum.

I have to remember that my girls have opinions of their own when it comes to their clothes. As much as I want to say "You look ridiculous", I bite my tongue and let it be. I have to remind myself to pick more important battles. It's not easy though!

Ruth said...

Sooo funny!! It is popular to wear pants under skirts or those capri leggings with lace at the bottom under skirts also. My junior high kids do it all the time. She is tooooo cute!!