Wednesday, March 11, 2009

The eve of my 15th Wedding Anniversary...

WOW - 15 years!!! I celebrate this landmark... as I know that 25 & 50 are still a ways off & who knows what tomorrow will bring!! How amazing!!! I always laugh at the thought back in our first year of marriage while attending a Marriage Relationship Institute class together that a couple had come to talk to us & told us of their wonderful 5 years they had been married... I remember strongly thinking - WOW - that is old!! Each year that rings back to my mind & I have to laugh as I approached that & now as I have 3 times passed it!! I must be really, really, really old!! Oh well!! What else is there better, than to grow old together?

I reflect back on the eve of my wedding... 15 years ago, tonight here are some memories:

  • I went to SLC with my parent's the night before I was to be married as we had to be to the temple like at 5:45 or so.
  • My parent's took me to dinner at Mulboons... which is seafood restaurant (& I don't eat seafood nor like it) - so I have always believed they took be there as THEY were celebrating! ( Me being married off & whew - one out the door!!!) ((smiling!))
  • We stayed at a hotel that night & there was nothing really to do.. so I think we rented our 1st pay-per-view & it was the week Mrs. Doubtfire came out with Robin Williams!! It was the best show!! I really did laugh a lot & I think it took my mind off being nervous.
  • The next morning I arrived at the temple after already an hour or more of curling my hair which didn't look all that great as I did it alone & it was dry & not cooperating. As I arrived I saw Dave looking like a ghost & mouthing to me... "I almost didn't make," it as they whisked me off.
  • WHAT WAS THAT SUPPOSE TO MEAN?
  • Later I learn he had gone to play a late night basketball game (city league) with his Dad & friends in Manilla, UT & while there - the huge snow storm hit this side of the state closing down the interstate. So they LITERALLY almost didn't make it... they worked the back roads all night & arrived to his mom's hotel to get dressed & to the temple just moments before we were to be married.
  • Tonight we laughed at how I spent our wedding day waking him up... I told the kids (jokingly) over & over & over too!! He slept every chance he got!!
  • We had a wonderful day... snow was on the ground, but flowers were already blooming, with the St. Patrick's day parade going by as we took pictures after the cermony. Then we had a awesome lunch with so many family & friends who joined us... then we flew away to CA where we spent several days seeing the sights.
  • 15 years so far & 4 children & the rest of eternity to be together!! I love ya HoNeY!! Thanks for everything you have done & do for us everyday & for standing by me all these years!! You mean the world to me!!

6 comments:

Ruth said...

I loved the Pictures!! What a fun 15 years!

Chelsea said...

Happy Anniversary! Ode to 15 years! WOW, you are old ;)

The "Hix" Family said...

Congratulations on the 15 years. That is awesome and boy somedays it seems like forever but most days it seams like it just has flown by. What is the sleeping on your wedding day. What is that about! Have a great day. Love, Jodie

Christian, Kerri, & The Boys said...

I love those pictures..I need your knew address for the craft exchange...I believe I have your old one!
Thanks, Ker

Marlene said...

You look so young in these pics! (Not that you look old now) Congrats on 15 years.

Kenzee Jo said...

Hey...never got the chance to say this... HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!! HOW GREAT!! I love those pictures of you too :] You're so pretty :] Hope all is going well in the Young Family!! Love ya Jeanna!!