Here is the Newspaper article they wrote about the G.A.T.E. program after shadowing Garrett, can't say it is 100% the way we saw everything happen... but I guess that is the beauty of journalism. Here he is using a wireless mouse as he points something out on the "Smart board"... would love to have one of those!! :) One of those document readers would be pretty nice too!!Madison has been home for 3 days sick, Brady was sick for 2 days & they were both starting to feel better... so last night I was able to take a few minutes & whip up her other twirly I had the material for, for Valentines... (don't mind her pants she "had" to wear underneath so her legs wouldn't freeze at the bus stop... couldn't convince her that capris weren't going to keep her any warmer than tights!!) Joy of agency...
O.k. we bought our house knowing the hot tub was being sold in "as is" condition, but we were under the impression that everything should be "fixed" & use-able... well we are on our 4th try of seeing if we can't make it work. Thursday morning we woke up to a wet car/garage & a really empty hot tub. (I AM SO GRATEFUL, it doesn't flood the house!!) Like Dave says... if it "blows up" again, it will become an expensive storage unit!! (My thoughts are: I will save up for some of those plastic balls & make a ball pit out of it!!) Tyler's solution would be to sledge hammer it & carry it out of the house??? WHAT?
Luckily this last time, it was just the (HI pressured) filter tank - it's PVC cap, must have been SO old that it cracked in half, blew off - washing Dave's car & showering part of the garage till the tub was completely empty (I am thinking 500 Gal + is what the baby holds!) ... when we woke up there was very little water anywhere... ??? So, I hope in the spring/summer we have really beautiful lawns, or possibly we will be in for a nightmare if our garage starts sinking???
Each time we have fixed it, filled it, enjoyed it for 1, 30 min. time that evening (oh my feet feel so much better after!) ... the next day we discover something terribly wrong... so we will see how it goes after tonight!! I know the kids are really look forward to having some fun, so if we wake up to another empty tub... it is going to become a nice BIG craft & gardening table, but I hope not!
(To anyone considering ever getting one... I would strongly suggest putting it outside your home!! But unlike us who know nothing about hot tubs... it is kind of a pain learning the hard way... so educate yourself really well before diving into getting one! I would strongly suggest a jacuzzi bath tub instead!)
Personal note: I usually don't watch TV, but on Wed. night when I was rocking Brady, giving him his breathing treatment, & wiping him down with a cold, wet washcloth I turned the TV on to entertain myself... oh my goodness, Criminal minds was on. THAT WAS INTENSE!! I can't say I have seen a movie (in a long time) even at the theater that has been that good, nor so intense!! It was great though, & man... loved it!
Friday, February 6, 2009
Garrett & the newspaper, another Twirly skirt., & Hot tub trial #4...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






1 comment:
Hi Jeanna! I finally got on your blog! Madison is so cute. She's was such a sweet little princess. ;)
Post a Comment