I have had some moments of contemplation this week on what makes a good mom/mother... in my quest for thinking & reading what others have to say I found this article & thought it had some good thoughts on the subject... so I thought I would post it here for anyone who might want to read it: http://www.mamazine.com/Pages/feature38.html
In summary she says: I finally had to acknowledge that being into healthy cooking and literature doesn't make me a good mother. It just makes me a healthy cook and a reader. Certainly, my kids benefit from those personality traits; however, they'd also benefit if I was a mathematician and bilingual..... A good mother has a loving relationship with her child; her unique personality (and its inherent strengths and weaknesses) is not something to scare out of her…it's something to celebrate.
Wednesday, January 14, 2009
What is a good mother?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






No comments:
Post a Comment