How many of us remember writing Resumes? Well... the new thing is E-portfolios, no more paper, no more 1 page write ups... now on to links, documents, document readers, photos, etc!!
I was lucky & privileged to attend a special night w/ Garrett & the Gifted And Talented Education program last night... & to my surprise Garrett was shadowed by the newspaper & Mrs. Wilson (who use to be a principal of his, but is now the curriculum director for the district.) We got to watch Garrett present his E-portfolio to us & he has developed into quite the public speaker!! I can't imagine what these will be like when he goes to graduate from High School!! Amazing!!
He did a wonderful job & I am so proud of him!! The gal from the newspaper interviewed him about the program & his projects & said, I just need a few pictures & then I am going to skip out of here if you don't mind... well I had to laugh as she never left & at the end asked many questions & insisted that we all give him 2 rounds of applause!! It was pretty funny & also neat!!
Watch for the paper - as there should be an article & a picture(s) to describe it some more... I will try to post it when I get it!!
Here is also a very neat e-mail sent to me by Mrs. Wilson for Garrett:
Good morning, Jeanna. Would you please share this email with Garrett?
Garrett, I want to tell you again how very proud I am of you. You truly have so many talents, one of which is public speaking. You did an amazing job last night of presenting your portfolio. You speak with such confidence and with an amazing vocabulary. I don’t know of many adults who could give a presentation like you did last night! Garrett, I love the way you always speak from your heart. One of your greatest assets is the way in which you approach any task that is given to you – with 110% effort. It is really a pleasure to watch you learn and grow and I feel so blessed to be part of your educational journey.
Again, Congratulations,
Mrs. Wilson ~ Curriculum Director






2 comments:
Way to go Garrett!!! That is awesome. Jeanna, I hope that you are feeling better. I hope all is good and that you can finally enjoy that hottub. No more leaks! Have a good day. Love, Jodie
Wow Gar! Thaqt sounds great! Good job!
Post a Comment