Wednesday, January 28, 2009

All in a day.....

I had a hard weekend & the past couple days I have been down... so last night I went to institute class & we had a good lesson, felt uplifted, & I realized that I had to snap out of it... I can't waste time feeling like this or living life wasting time!!! So I had to contemplate how to work my way out & get feeling better. So last night I realized I needed to start looking at things I am grateful for!! So today I have done much better at that & here are some of my "um, life is all worth it" moments:


Some of the fun we have had today. We love hiding & making tents to play in!! One of my most fun memories growing up is anything that had to do with Creative play.... building homes in the trees, making houses in tents or with the wire fencing my dad had left over after building something, etc.... I love just watching kids be KIDS:








This is something I love watching them do... they all climb up in the window pointing & looking at what is going on outside. I love
when they are discovering things on their own like the tree full of chirping birds, or a rabbit on the lawn:



Here is an awesome treat our Wonderful Grandma Dor Secretly delivered to us yesterday!! Countdown to Valentine's day & you cut off a kiss/hug off each day (starting at the bottom) starting 2/1 & on Valentine's day you get your box of chocolates!! I had to post this as it is such a fun & wonderful idea & knew many of my wonderful friends would also have fun making something like this for a family member or friend!!

Oh I love Flowers... but as some know I strictly prohibit them around Valentines as the cost is RIDICULOUS & not worth the lifespan of what cut flowers have!! So I was so amazed when I went grocery shopping last night (I mostly shop late at night so I can get it done faster & without many distractions) - I found the most wonderful "Manager's Special"".... (I just love Torrey!! Thanks for a wonderful Special!! O.k. Jodie... I don't love him like you do... but I love his Specials!) Anyway I found these blazing beauties marked at an ever so Special price!! So Dave (unknown to him - at the time) bought me these for Valentine's day (month, or should I say season!!) Yes as I can keep them alive inside for the next several months (no deer to eat them) & then plant them in my pot & then they can go outside in the late spring & they will come back every season!! OH I love them!! Aren't they beautiful!! Thanks Dear, You are Wonderful!!! A pot of beautiful RED tulips & a separate pot of bold YELLOW lilies!!

(Just to note I just planted my Bold Pink (Race for the Cure) Tulips & Hyacinths this past weekend in my pots so they will be ready later when it gets warmer to shift my plants to outside... but for now they can enjoy the Jacuzzi room - Nice & warm & the moisture (from broken pipe of course) out there!!

What could be better... except I found the most tantalizing recipe online for dinner tonight as I was craving Rice & Salsa (which was another special I found shopping last night!) .... together & alone don't sound all that swell but I knew I could do something with the 2!! Here it is!! I can't wait (I am going to cheat tonight & eat some too!)

Salsa Chicken Rice Casserole

recipe image
Rated: rating
Prep Time: 20 Minutes
Cook Time: 1 Hour
Ready In: 1 Hour 20 Minutes
Servings: 12
"Layers of rice, chicken, cheese and a creamy salsa sauce bursting with sass."
Ingredients:
2 cups uncooked white rice
4 cups water
6 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
3 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese
3 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
1-1/2 (10.75 ounce) cans condensed cream
of chicken soup
1-1/2 (10.75 ounce) cans condensed cream
of mushroom soup
1-1/2 onion, chopped
2-1/4 cups mild salsa
Directions:
You have scaled this recipe's ingredients to yield a new amount (12). The directions below still refer to the original recipe yield (8).
1. Place rice and water in a saucepan, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer for 20 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, place chicken breast halves into a large saucepan, and fill the pan with water. Bring to a boil, and cook for 20 minutes, or until done. Remove chicken from water. When cool enough to handle, cut meat into bite-size pieces.
3. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease a 9x13 inch baking dish.
4. In a medium bowl, combine Monterey Jack and Cheddar cheeses. In a separate bowl, mix together cream of chicken soup, cream of mushroom soup, onion, and salsa. Layer 1/2 of the rice, 1/2 of the chicken, 1/2 of the soup and salsa mixture, and 1/2 of the cheese mixture in prepared dish. Repeat layers, ending with cheese.
5. Bake in preheated oven for about 40 minutes, or until bubbly.

1 comment:

The "Hix" Family said...

Cute post jeanna, Thanks for the ideas and I am glad that you love Torrey's specials and not him. Thats a relief, just kidding. So what has been going on with you that has made you so down. Do we need a girl party, just the two of us? Keep your head held high! You have no idea of how many people appreciate you and think that you are pretty awesome. Love, Jodie