Saturday, November 1, 2008

Kids Halloween Costumes & crazy week...

Here the kids are all dressed up for school!! They each chose what they wanted to be & pretty much put together there own costumes with items we had at home... Brady needed a little help as we didn't have our ol' ghost costume, so I whipped him up one from some spare material. I am surprised that Tyler really changed it up this year! For the past 4-5 years he would only be a cowboy... told me this year that he needed to break that tradition & was just going to be a motorbike rider & take his helmet to school... WHAT? that is boring... so I kept encouraging him all week to think harder... well the night before, this is what he came up with!! (this is his picture without his make-up on yet) I am so glad we finally got to use his jeans he decided to destroy this summer... they made nice "Beggar" pants.... Notice Tyler's sign... he even had to write "homeless" up in the corner (like nobody would know!)... I was thinking he was going to try to find a new place to live, even though it sounds like many offered him work for his candy!! (Too funny!) Then Garrett has told me all week he was to old for this & then moments before bed decided he needed a costume!! I am grateful for the 2 tubs of stuff I have collected/kept over the years.. the Referee shirt came in handy for him!! :)




We have had a crazy week/weekend - Our spa/hot tub has sprung a leak... so that is slowly emptying it's self... we hope to be able to get a new part for it soon, but are starting to wonder!! Sure wish it would have been working tonight, I know Dave would have enjoyed it after all the hard work he has done this week & even just the past 48 hours!! You are the best honey!!
Dave has been gone lots being Bishop, we have a new family moving into the ward & have spent much time helping them, temple trip this morning Dave ran to as we had to split & go 2 ways, Garrett had his 1st, 4 middle school basketball games (here are some pics. from that today) - he did a great job, I did some awesome family pictures today for a beautiful family (posted on my photo site: www.backprint.com/jeanna1516 ) & our niece that was adopted 8 years ago was baptized today - it is wild to think she is even 8... we remember so well the day she came into our family!! We had to deep clean the house tonight as we let it go to pot this week being so busy!! So tonight after making sure we had the house cleaned up & disinfected :) - the kids vegged, I did a few crafts for our upcoming Craft Bazaar - Nov. 22nd, Dave went & ripped carpet out of the 1st level of his mom's house so that her new carpet can be put in... so whew- what happened to October?

Action shots are hard... It is a work in progress!! Garrett at his last game of the day!

This is Garrett without arms!! Interesting!

Last night coming home I stopped by one of our ol' neighbors places & he told me that they were leaving today for 6 months... I said, what day/month will you be back then (so I don't have to do the math :) ... he said the 1st week of May... Oh I told him "that will come too fast!!" Of course going to warmer AZ for the winter where his wife is a traveling nurse!! We have always suggested they do it during the winter instead of the summer & they are finally making the change!! Too fun for them!! May will be here before we know it though!!

I AM SO EXCITED to TURN OUR CLOCKS BACK TONIGHT!!! Don't forget!!


2 comments:

Shelby Asay said...

Good job Gar on your game. I love all the costums. They looked great!

Jan said...

Great costumes! Garrett is seeming especially grown up to me lately.