This first picture best describes my feelings about Halloween!
I really don't get into it, nor do I really enjoy it!! I do put up some simple & fun decorations... but other than that... I guess I am kinda "Bah...Hum - bug" about the whole occasion & not for any particular reason... except maybe I realize the year is almost over!!!
We finally got our pumpkins carved tonight on Halloween Eve... better than last year! (I only bought small little Pumpkin Pie pumpkins as we don't have any amazing pumpkin patches around here & I just can't bring myself to spending $10+ (each) on something that will be moldy & nasty in a day!! So ode' to my little pumpkins they have been part of my decorations until tonight!!)
Poor Brady didn't like gutting his pumpkin & cried the whole time while pulling out the seeds & gunk, but enjoyed the other parts of it though!!
(Last year I didn't even buy real pumpkins as we just didn't have time... but I did buy cute little plastic light up decorative pumpkins, one for each child to take the place of the real thing & so we could enjoy them with out the mold/nasty part. Last year our neighbor even gave us one as he thought our porch was looking pretty bare & we never had time to carve it & it sat out reminding us of Halloween/Fall til Christmas!! Finally it went to the garbage when the Christmas decorations went up & it was still good!! Go figure!!)
I really don't get into it, nor do I really enjoy it!! I do put up some simple & fun decorations... but other than that... I guess I am kinda "Bah...Hum - bug" about the whole occasion & not for any particular reason... except maybe I realize the year is almost over!!!
We finally got our pumpkins carved tonight on Halloween Eve... better than last year! (I only bought small little Pumpkin Pie pumpkins as we don't have any amazing pumpkin patches around here & I just can't bring myself to spending $10+ (each) on something that will be moldy & nasty in a day!! So ode' to my little pumpkins they have been part of my decorations until tonight!!)
Poor Brady didn't like gutting his pumpkin & cried the whole time while pulling out the seeds & gunk, but enjoyed the other parts of it though!!
(Last year I didn't even buy real pumpkins as we just didn't have time... but I did buy cute little plastic light up decorative pumpkins, one for each child to take the place of the real thing & so we could enjoy them with out the mold/nasty part. Last year our neighbor even gave us one as he thought our porch was looking pretty bare & we never had time to carve it & it sat out reminding us of Halloween/Fall til Christmas!! Finally it went to the garbage when the Christmas decorations went up & it was still good!! Go figure!!)
Tyler & Madi weren't too keen about gutting their pumpkins either... Tyler made mention that this was easier than gutting a deer/elk at least... Madison said I think this is the first time I have ever made a "real" jack-o-lantern by myself.... and to tell you the truth, it probably is!!
Here are many photos from our excitement tonight & also from my & Madison's cookie fest on Sunday when we made the Butter Crisp cookies I blogged about a couple weeks ago & also our Favorite Pumpkin cookies (recipe at bottom). We then we took them to our Visiting Teaching & Home Teaching families & to several others. We had a friend stop by tonight to borrow our cookie cutters & they accidentally let a bird into our house.. that was pretty exciting & luckily we caught it without harm & without it destroying anything, & we let it go.
Currently we are deciding what everyone will be for Halloween tomorrow as I type... Madison was an easy one & knew weeks ago she wanted to be a cat, Brady was the next easiest & decided on being a Ghost, so I did whip that up the other day. Then Tyler is deciding to go as a homeless child begging for Candy, & Garrett, Hum???... To be continued....
The Young's Favorite Pumpkin Cookies
1 spice cake mix
1 reg. size can pumpkin
1 bag favorite Chocolate chips
1 reg. size can pumpkin
1 bag favorite Chocolate chips
Mix all 3 ingredients together & spoon onto a cookie sheet & bake at 375 degrees for 11-13 minutes.
Then frost with Jeanna's Special Cream Cheese Frosting: 1 brick of Cream cheese, a dash of milk (about 3 tbs.) & a dash of vanilla (same as milk), then enough powdered sugar to make thick for the consistency you want. If you want to drizzle - then use less p. sugar, for thicker frosting use more p. sugar!!
Enjoy!! & HAPPY HALLOWEEN









1 comment:
Looks like fun. See you all soon.
Vicki
Post a Comment