Thursday, October 23, 2008

Basket ball season is here.... Junior Jazz has started...

Here's our Tyler tonight at his Junior Jazz game!! Basketball season is here!! It is taking him a bit of time to get warmed up... but it is coming back to him as he jumped out of his shell last year & was unstoppable when he shot baskets. (o.k. he might have missed one here & there.. but he was awesome!) He did a wonderful job in his game tonight & we got to see a lot of action. (Which was amazing!) It is going to be fun watching him grow up & see if he continues to pursue Basketball & how he does. He has nice long legs & enjoys running! Of course he stands pretty tall compared to his peers - but never fear there is always at least one other "big" guy on the opposite team he has to pair with! Here is a fun video clip: He made so many shots tonight that were almost there ... just a bit more time & practice - WATCH OUT!!


Some interesting thoughts tonight:
- His OCD/nervousness is coming out in Basket ball... you will see him multi tasking tonight!! I now understand why he grows his nails out (besides being lazy) all year long ... so that he has something to do during the game when he isn't dribbling nor shooting the ball (I am joking... he is just lazy!) NO JOKE though... if he was running or standing, & sometimes even between rebounds or shots he was biting his nails & never missed a beat running nor biting!! I expect they are all pretty short after tonight's game!! (I am glad it is something so simple for him right now & that it doesn't affect him to bad nor those around him!) Here is a clip of him in action - you will see in between handling the ball or attempts & even once as he is rebounding you see his fingers go up to his mouth ...that is what I call Multi-tasking!!
- Another part of his OCD/Sensory issues showing through... you can see he is the only child in the whole building wearing a long sleeve, thermal, body shirt under his jersey!! I am shocked the poor boy didn't die of a heat overdose!! If nothing else he worked up a good sweat. (This is his security item for right now & he wears them quite often, if not daily!)
- This really is not my child!! 2 years ago & earlier - Tyler never would have gone within a foot of another person in an "aggressive" way in public ... not that he is terribly aggressive.. but to actually see him "blocking" or "screening" for plays is an absolute shock to me!! Being involved or wanting to interact with others??? IT is so wild to see it finally happening!!
- I am so grateful that he grasps the concepts of how the game goes. He has a pretty good shot for someone his age & who isn't necessarily obsessed with the game, or practicing all the time.
- He is doing so good at managing his time - getting homework done as soon as he gets home & is trying to be good at home (such a blessing right now - not looking forward to spring!), & is excited about being active, & his asthma doesn't seem to phase or affect him at all right now!

- I am so grateful that he is having a rest from those things that usually twist him up inside! He is loving school & enjoying doing activities outside the home!
- He is talking to people & is starting to become more comfortable asking for help. It totally makes my heart "Jump for joy" to see him happy & doing so well right now!! I wish I could lock this feeling up in our safe & take it out, to feel, when the times are rough!!
- He didn't get to many breaks tonight & worked really hard & never complained of being tired. I am so proud of how hard he is trying, how hard he wants to be doing what is right!! We appreciate that Tyler & WE LOVE YOU!!
Updates:

**Good Luck tomorrow Garrett as has he has been sweating at the gym all week for Basketball tryouts (in Middle School) - they announce the cuts for the team tomorrow!! We love you Garrett no matter what & think you are awesome!! ***

**Madison has been showing her other front loose tooth great favoritism by not eating on it since the end of August as she hasn't wanted me to pull it out... well today after school she told me that she is starving... I asked her why..."Cause look at my teeth mom" ... she smiles... the tooth she has been using for the past month & 1/2 as her biting/chewing tooth - the gums are bright purple/black, & ready to come out now too!! So as soon as she really is starving - cause she has no top tooth that can chew & let's me pull them out... she is going to be miserable!! But as soon as they come out she will have 3 teeth in a row missing on top!! She is really going to be singing "All I want for Chrismtas is my 5 front teeth!" I told her back in August, if we pulled both her top teeth when they were ready then she would be the perfect Jack-o-lantern for halloween... those dang teeth aren't falling out for anything!! I can't believe they can hang on so long... they go completely back & forth & are too sensitive to bite on... so the tooth saga goes on! ***

** Brady - Is my big boy!! A funny conversation came today after my conversation with Madison in the car... she is so frustrated, hungry, in pain... she came into the house just wailing that I was going to pull out her tooth (as I told her that is the only way eating will be more pleasant - as she has been on a pretty mushy diet for a while!) ... So she goes off to her room just crying & sobbing. Well Brady hears this & goes back to her room & inquires of why she is so sad... he hears the story & then he comes out to the edge of the family room where he can see me getting stuff ready for dinner. He has both hands on his hips... In the most serious, stern voice (without Yelling) stares me down & says... "Mom, I am mad at you" ... "You tell sissy you pull her tooth - that's not good".... a pause..... "Mom I am mad at you" - he stares me down & doesn't move nor laugh... Dave hears this, comes out from the Laundry room & puts his hands on his hips & Mocks us while he mimicks Brady!!!...We both burst laughing!! (Of course I explained it all to him!) But I was proud he was concerned about Madi being so sad & was willing to tell me of his feelings. (Something I have been working with my little kids on each day!! SO IT IS WORKING! & He is picking it up!!) Now for Dave!! :)

No comments: