Friday, August 29, 2008

Royal Birthday Party.... & Our Amazing Friends!

We are the luckiest people in the world to have such amazing friends!! Amongst our very best friends we include the Anderson's! (You are all going to be jealous at the most awesome birthday party we attended tonight!!) Susan, the mom, & my friend - is amazing!! She functions far above & beyond the energizer bunny!! She has the most amazing ideas & is always so much fun!! She is so smart & is such an awesome example to me!! She never ceases to amaze me!!

During the 8 years we have lived here, I have been so grateful to her, as she has always been so willing to help me with my kids & take care of them... from the time they were just newborns to now!! Because of that... my children have grown to love Susan, I would have to say... as much as me, but I hesitate... as many days they love Susan more!! (Huge smile!) She is such a kind & loving person!! I have been amazed to watch our kids connect & bond... it is as if they are all brothers & sisters... just somehow got 2 sets of parents!! We really enjoy being with them!

Here are a few pictures I just love that I took this summer of our families doing things together:

We are lucky to live just up the street from them & to have been in the same ward with them for the whole 8 years too. . it has given us a lot of opportunities to do things together, play together, camp together, work together in callings, work with each other's kids, etc.

Rob & Dave (the dads) have had so many great times together too. I know that Dave really enjoys Rob's company & friendship! There is always a lot of laughter when these two get together!!

O.k... to get to the really exciting part!! Becky, their daughter, recently had her 9th birthday. I know now that Susan has been working her self to the limit planning & making preparations for this Royal Party. A Royal Proclamation was sent out - requesting the presence of our Royal family to attend festivities in honor of Her Highness, Princess Rebecka's 9th birthday.

We started out by having the best dinner!! Susan of course makes all her breads homemade!! So the buns for the hamburgers were all whole wheat & homemade & they were delicious!! I can't say I have ever tasted a bread - let a lone a wheat hamburger bun that was so delicious!! Then Rob cooked his dutch oven potatoes, bacon, & topped with cheese!! Oh it was so good!!

Here is a slide show of the events as they unfolded... more explanation below:



Then after the Royal activities began!! All members of the Royal families made their own crowns... then low & behold - Susan had decided that some table cloths she picked up for Christmas one year & had never used... would make great costumes!!(Brilliant!!) So she whipped up a top, cape, belt, & sword for all the Kings & Princes to wear!! It just so happened that Madison couldn't go to the Royal party without taking a Princess dress, so her & Becky got all dressed up too!!

Then the real fun began!! The Princesses were held hostage in a Castle & needed to be rescued by the kings & princes of their family... so the 2 families were challenged to complete several activities - earning charms along the way, that they put on a bracelet for their princess as they rescued them! Some of the activities included: solving a special code to get the combination for a lock so they could receive their next challenge & charm, hitting crochet balls, hitting badminton birdies in the air so many times, trowing frogs in cans, racing across the yard on stepping stones, slaying a dragon, blindfolding a member & leading them to a destination by talking to them.... then of course there had to be some sword fighting & posing for the camera at the end!!

Here is a quick clip of Rob & Brady sword fighting:

We had so much fun!! So many laughs!! Poor Alek is recovering from surgery he had just couple days earlier too & he even happily participated!! They all were wonderful sports!!! We had a great time!!

Afterwards we had cake made by the Royal Princess herself & Ice cream!! Amazing!! I could go on & brag for another hour... We love you Anderson Family!! Thank-you so much for all the Royal fun & festivities!! (Hard to compete with that for sure!! What awesome memories!!)

2 comments:

Cheyenne Lake Family said...

That sure looks like a fun party. I think that red is your color Dave. I always knew that you were our little princess. Love you guys
Vicki

Chelsea said...

Gee! I'm behind. Great pictures! Looks like you've been busy and having lots of fun. Fun times!