Friday, August 29, 2008

Getting ready for school & other misc....

Last week we spent much of our time running from appointment to appointment getting our teeth cleaned, Kindergarten & Preschool screening, school registrations for the older boys & such ... here the kids pose after their eye appointments! This was towards the end of the week & of course Brady was tired of sitting around while everyone else was having so much fun getting ready for school. So he got a little upset & had a bit of a meltdown that he wasn't being included as the office was giving each of the kids the glasses to protect their dilated eyes.... so I had to purchase him a pair of the cool glasses before we could leave. So here after posing for this quick pic. is where we got the cool idea to pose in the shapes of the alphabet to spell our last name (up above) & I finally got that put together! Gotta love it!! (Don't have much time to play anymore.. so that was fun to put together!) Here is Tyler for his 1st official night in the 11year old scouts. He found these pants I had put in the back of his closet so I wouldn't forget about them... as I always hoped that one of the boys would be slender enough to wear them as they are very long & skinny. My Grandma Welling had given them to me when we cleaned out her basement (they were my grandpa's a long, long time ago...) So I was pleasantly surprised to see Tyler find them, slip them on & be set to go to scouts without being asked!! Here he is being so handsome!

I have been bad all summer.... I think I have done Madison's hair a whole 5-6 times this summer as we are so lucky that her natural curl looks o.k. to just brush & run most days & then she has become pretty good at throwing it back in a ponytail herself! So I decided after finding some cool blogs on hair dos that I better step it up & start practicing my skills as it has been a while since we have really braided, pony tailed, or taken a moment to be creative... so here is my first attempt at being creative & getting ready for school. One mom called it the flower - I adapted it as Madison has very thin hair... so instead of 5 petals we went with 3. I thought it turned out cool! (Impressed myself.) We will see if she comes home with her hair still done on the days we "really" do it.
I don't have any pictures yet... but Garrett started football this week & has been pretty sore!! He is doing a great job & I know he is extra happy that he started getting in shape a month or so ago... as he knows it could be a lot worse!!

Wednesday I started tending all the little ones... here is a picture of the kids as they all had arrived. I am still missing one - she starts this next week & then of course Madison & Cooper head off to Kindergarten!! I did survive (barely! 1/2 smiling!) I am just so happy that tomorrow is Sat., so don't call me or come by to early ... I might still be in bed & I don't plan to answer!! I am embarrassed at how sore I am... I didn't realize that I don't bend & sit on the floor nearly as much as I use to nor running up & down stairs as much as I am now.... it has made me tremendously grateful for my own 4 kid-os & made me realize all over how lucky I am that my kids are all spaced out so nicely for me... they are such big helpers to me!! I don't know how I would have made it this week the 1st 2 days without Garrett & Tyler's help!! I do have much more appreciation for our moms. How did they survive so many children, all so close together, when they were just little!!

No comments: