Sunday, January 27, 2008

President Gordon B. Hinckley dies at the age of 97 - He will be greatly missed!

LDS Church President Gordon B. Hinckley dies at age 97


President Gordon B. Hinckley, who led The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (www.lds.org) through explosive growth during his more than 12 years as president, died at 7 p.m. January 27th, 2008 of causes incident to age, surrounded by family. He was 97.

He bid us farewell almost a year & a half ago as he struggled with with frail health & longed greatly to be with his wife after she had passed away. I can't imagine the weight of the world that he carried on his shoulders daily. He endured to the end with integrity & fulfilled his mission honorably! What a wonderful example to us all.

I was very fortunate to have had the opportunity to have been in his presence several times. I will never forget the overwhelming feeling that came over me the 1st time & every time after I saw him. I know that he was a true prophet of God. Oh I will miss him! I now rejoice that he has been able to return to be with many other loved ones & above all his dear wife! We will miss you & our most sincere condolences go out to your family!

We love you & will always hold a special place for you in our hearts!

Other special tributes:

Glen Beck Tribute on CNN









No comments: