Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Monroe Spelling Bee Winner!! Garrett Young

WOW - Garrett just called me to let me know he won the School Spelling Bee this past hour!! There were 6 other finalists... but when they announced the top winners - he thought he was out cause 2 of his good friends had to have a tie breaker... so they started with 3rd place & then they said another boys name was 2nd... so he said "Mom, I just assumed that I lost" ... then the teacher looked right at me & smiled & said in 1st place we have Garrett Young!!!

So next he goes to R.S. for the District meet!!!

But --- Wait, Tyler & Garrett both are competing in their School Geography Bee's tomorrow!! Garrett won the school & District one 2 years ago & has won the last 3 practice bees... So??? who knows!! Tyler is really excited to do it & hasn't become frustrated at all with the practices!!

Good Luck Boys!! (Love, Mom!)

1 comment:

Chelsea said...

Good job Garrett! I remember playing basketball and volleyball at Monroe. Anyway, good job winning the bee and good luck to both of the boys tomorrow.