Thursday, January 17, 2008

Geography Bee Results!!

Geography Bee Results!!

I am so proud of the boys!! I am excited that Tyler gave it a big try for his first year!! I think it scared the pants right off of him!! I wasn't able to see it - as both competitions were held at the same time.

Tyler was able to answer his first question & then I think the stress was so much... that he couldn't' wait to run out of the building... but he hung in there & did so great!! We are proud of you Ty for giving it your best shot!!

I was able to hit Garrett's & what an intense situation... He was amongst the top 5 students which then had a tie breaker for the top 2 spots.

Then he & 1 other kid won the tie breaker which was a question about France. Then they both got the next answer/question right. Then the next question was about the city in Canada the Olympics would be held at in 2010 - I believe & the other boy writing Vancouver & Garrett wrote Victoria... The other boy got it correct & Garrett won 2nd place overall!!! WOW!!

About 1/8 of the questions you don't even have an inkling about... but I could tell that Garrett has developed some awesome skills in test taking & is good at eliminating or using the question to narrow down the answer!! Great Job Boys!! I am such a proud Mom!!

I never could have done something like that!!! Whew - hoo!! Yeah!!

No comments: