Wednesday, May 18, 2011

They Took Away My Bishop....

Last night a beautiful poem came in the mail with unknown sender on the outside of the envelope. As Dave passed it to me - my eyes welled up with tears immediately as I read it. From a dear friend of ours & her heart felt feelings. It helped me to describe the pain in my own heart that I too was loosing a bishop I have grown to love deeply as he served in this calling. (Even though I am married to him!) I appreciate all he has done, for the love & the service he gave to our ward so unselfishly during his short 2.5 years. I want to post this poem here so I don't lose it & that we can have it as we go on through this journey we call life.

They Took Away My Bishop

They took away my Bishop.
They took him way too soon.
At ten o'clock he still was mine,
But he was gone by noon.

Oh, Maybe I'm just selfish
I've seen him every week.
Now that his flock is larger,
I'll live with just a peek.

The spirit of this man is great.
I've known for years, it's true,
That greater calling sure would come
Just not so soon - who knew.

From Bishop to Stake President
In under 3 short years.
You'd think I would be happy, but...
I couldn't fight the tears.

I grieve my loss, then turn to God
To help me understand.
I will support, I will sustain.
This plan of His is grand.

They took away my Bishop.
They took him way too soon.
At ten o'clock he still was mine,
But he was gone by noon.

~ By Susan Anderson 5/15/2011

2 comments:

Kenzee Jo said...

Awe :) Not gonna lie... this would be very hard, and a long process, but oh so worth it!! I know you guys are going to be great! We all knew it was going to happen someday...aha :) I'll be needing an interview to renew my recommend....haha!!

The "Hix" Family said...

I have decided that it is important to update my blog so I am back on. At least until all of the craziness hits again. Sometime life moves way to quickly, especially when serving in the church!! I hope things are good and your Family has adjusted to all of the changes that have taken place. Your Family vacation sounded like so much fun. Lots of Memories made. It is just neat to all be together without any interuptions!! It is so needed and I have pledged to keep it one of my top priorities!! Your posts are inspiring!! Thank you for allowing me access. We love you and your Family. Love, Jodie