It's not often I get a sneak peak into what Garrett does in his school work - he is very private & doesn't usually share or tell us what he is up to! Tonight he e-mailed me this paper to print for his homework & I thought I'd better save, copy, & Paste here to show that now & then I am very proud to get a little sneak peak at what he is up to!! This is for his Social Studies class with Mr. Hodges. (Interesting!) Enjoy the read!!
Yin/Yang Explanations
Garrett Young
Explanation 1: My Balance
I find balance in my life can often times come from various sources. These are
often closely related and I, in a way, linked some of these things to better represent me. First off, the left side of my illustration, I drew multiple faces, a name, a date, a Hymnal, a building, and the word faith. These depict my family and my religion. I love my family and they support and balance my life. My religion also is very important in my family and my life and provides a great balance in my life. The right side of my drawing shows various things like a man speaking, music, education related objects, faces, a computer, and a basketball. I chose these things to represent the activities and hobbies I have that balance and entertain me. I do Speech and Debate, I enjoy playing music, whether drumming or other ways, I do well in school, I am social with friends, and I enjoy using electronics and watching and participating in sports. All of these objects show some of the ways I try to balance my life.
Explanation 2: Trigram Choices
You will notice that around the outside of my Yin/Yang drawing, I drew some
trigrams that I feel represent me in a way. I included all eight available and found a different characteristic under each one that I felt applied to me. First, I chose the Ch’ien because it represents daytime, when I am most active and alert. Next, I used the Chen because it represents the eldest son, and I am the eldest child in my family. Next, K’an was used to represent the midwinter season, my favorite because of the crisp, clean air and the snow. Next, I used Ken because it represents calm. I always try to stay calm and be a relaxed person. Next, K’un was used to represent adaptive, because I always try to be lenient and adapt to things happening around me. Sun was chosen to represent gentle because I don’t consider myself to be harsh, crude, or rude. I always try to be kind and respectful to everyone. Next, I chose Li to represent intelligence. I have always strived to become smarter and do well in school and all I do. I feel I possess a wide and sufficient range of knowledge and intelligence. Finally, I used Tui to represent the mouth because I enjoy being social, speaking, and so forth.
Sunday, January 9, 2011
Sneak peak into Garrett's school work!!
Labels:
2011,
Garrett,
school work
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






No comments:
Post a Comment