Yes, now & then I do receive amazing inspiration on what my family really does need for F.H.E :)
.... so much (inspiration) that I will dig trough old files & find things 15 years ago I was inspired to save to help my future family.... Little did I realize how bad, I would need a lesson such a this & how I would find it JUST in the nick of time!!
It was just a thought on paper - but when I saw it, I remembered it & I remembered the class
we were taking (very well) on "Eternal Families," in Laramie, through the institute program!! Our wonderful years in the Institute program, I'd have to say they prepared me spiritually for becoming a parent & living the gospel to benefit my family more than anything else I can think of!! What amazing things I learned & felt during that time!!
I am not sure if the videos will upload - but the jest of the lesson is that the kids all get 1 tube of toothpaste, they have a competition to see who can completely empty their tube first!!

(It was a Game + my kids love the competition & the weirder the activity the better - so I totally had their attention!)
They had a blast emptying their tubes & they were so gratified that they did this thing "We'd never Normally do!"

... As you can see - pretty easy - but pretty powerful, then I laid 2 - $20 bills on the table & told them that they each had 3 minutes to now put all the toothpaste, they easily emptied without
thought or meaning - back into the tube (without puncturing the tube) the best they could with the hopes - they'd clean the MESS up, with no harm, problem, & hope to put it all back faster than it came out!!!

Well - we know this is impossible... just like the trying to take back hurtful things we might say to other. We can parallel this object

lesson with how we speak to others, what mean things we might say, & how we can't take back those actions. We can repent & say we are sorry.... but we can never fully take back the words, the sad feelings, the broken heart, etc..... SO it was a huge eye opener! As to thinking about what we do & say before doing so much damage... as they were REALLY messy when it was all over!!!

IT was great Especially for 2 teenagers who have become quite an example in our home!!
I am writing this weeks after & I am happy to report that the rude language, teasing, arguing, fighting, back talking, etc... as greatly changed in our home!! I am so glad!! Lots continues to change & I chalk it up to FHE & spending meaningful time together teaching gospel principals!! I know it is making a difference & I am so thank-ful for the counsel to hold weekly FHE & to have the program in our lives!!
1 comment:
Awesome!! Love that lesson!
Post a Comment