(HAVING ISSUES UPLOADING PHOTOS!! I'll try back tomorrow!)
I laugh inside & smile as I think: "I NEED a huge WELCOME sign to hang above my door!!!" I have always wanted it to be this way... but to finally see/have it happen - Kinda cool!!

Anyway - of course I babysit A LOT & so I have many kids coming over to the house at all times & we enjoy having lots of friends over!!! Anyway... I can't think of a weekend for months we didn't have family or friends visiting!!! How wonderful it has been!!
Months ago it started with my younger sister Lorrie coming to live with us every other weekend while she worked in Rock Springs. I had forgot how much I missed having family stay with us regularly since Tammy had finished college. We greatly enjoyed her visits, she was so kind to let the kids use her as a beauty model on many occasions as we would visit, we had many long talks - late into the night (just what girls need!), great laughs, even went running together (I know don't pass out!), I tried to get her to move here for good (with her family of course).... but the forces of the future were against me!! I can say I have had some withdrawls... but hopefully we can keep doing stuff together more often than 3-4 times a year. It has been great!
Then we have hosted many friend weekends... where we invite as many friends over as we can... (my way of getting out of going & sitting in the cold football stands through HS football games) Then with a table full of chips/salsa, nachos, pizza, popcorn, ice cream, pop, etc. & playing games, using the hot tub, watching movies, & hanging out.
Last weekend I had my nephew Daxton while his parents were out of town... hope he is left to us in a will if anything ever happens to his parents!! Complete angel for us!! Love him!!
This weekend we had Mason, Stetson, & Brinlee over... Madison even woke up in the night to comfort Brinlee as she was so excited to share her room (she never came & got me for help)... I am not so sure now if she would really be up to having a "Little sister" (she begs for) if it meant she had to wake up in the night & fetch her drink, rub her back, etc. (Madi was way CRANKY the next day!) We enjoyed them immensely & had a really good time!! (The boys loved having a slumber party in the basement & even Brady had to join in on the fun!!) We'd take them too if they were ever "willed" to us!!!
Anyway... it is fun & nice to have people come & stay & enjoy themselves!! The little kids actually send their parents on their way, more than not actually cry when they have to go home & I have to bribe them to go & promise them they can come back, my own kids enjoy being home, & their friends enjoy coming over, (So much that a new friend of Madison's came over a few weekends ago... the little brother & mom decided to stay (New to town from OK!) Then when she ran home to feed her son, she brought back her husband & they decided to stay a while & visit!!), etc.... I think it would be fitting to have a big "florescent" sign to hang from the roof that says "WELCOME"!!!






No comments:
Post a Comment