Sunday, July 5, 2009

4th of July & Boys 2009 backpacking trip

The boys left last Wed. for their YM/ward backpacking trip. They had quite a few boys go this year & it was a good time... Tyler did get eaten alive by Mosquitoes, & is dehydrated, & is terribly sick (hopefully not poisoned by all the mosquito spray they used, but I think that is exactly what we are looking at... Detoxing!) They got home Sat. afternoon



The little ones & I ran over to Evanston for the day to hang out with family who was home. Grandpa bought the kids ride passes at Hamblin park & they had many hours of fun riding rides & having a good time with their cousins. Then we went to the pasture for a cookout, marshmallows, etc... then back to town for fireworks which are a bit out of control as they have 3-4 days a year it is legal to use them in town & everyone, everywhere is shooting them off (I had to stop about 6-8 times on 2 streets to wait for nerds who walked right out in traffic with lit fireworks & set them down... then when I parked a family came out in front of my vehicle & was letting off HUGE fireworks 2 feet in front of my van!!! I immediatly moved!! UGH - people!!) Now I understand & see why GR along with others outlaw them!!! Many don't even use their head (let alone read the instructions!)


1 comment:

Grandma Chickens said...

Thank you all for coming and taking such cute pictures. It makes a holiday special to have your family around. I'm very blessed to have a daughter like you.