Saturday, May 16, 2009

Busy Saturday...

Today was a busy one.

Garrett was off to Layton, UT for a Jazz Band competition with an afternoon filled with fun at Lagoon.

The rest of the kids & I spent about 2 hours at the Cemetery digging thistles out of the flower beds getting them ready for Memorial Day (Stake service day project.) I was really proud of Tyler - he is a good Thistle digger too! Madison & Brady are amuzed easily by worms right now & just about every thistle had a worm or 2 attached! But they were great at picking up Ty & my piles & getting them to the big black bag! It was a beautiful day!

Earlier during the week Dave had been selected by Elder Pingree (Quorum of the Seventy who is in town for Stake Conference this weekend) to meet with him this morning, to go out & visit a couple families in our ward with Dave (that was neat!)

Then I had to run Madison to the HS for Dance Rehearsal, then we came home & worked in the yard for a bit & got things cleaned up while Dave was at Stake Priesthood Leadership mtg.

Then we were off to Madison's annual dance concert. It was wonderful. (Great to see such an awesome turn out too... Standing room only in the HS auditorium!) Madison did such a great job & she doesn't get nervous either! I was able to get Tyler to help me & we were able to hide these from her & then were able to surprise her with some beautiful flowers after wards (which she loves getting after her dance recitals!)
Ballet number was to Beauty & the Beast & her Tap number was to Rockin' Robin... SO CUTE!!!

Then I was off to find Garrett (ugh... kids with cell phones who don't communicate!! Love ya Garrett!) Found him just in time to drop off all the kids at home to run to the Stake center where Elder Pingree had asked to meet with all the bishop's & their wives. That was a nice meeting... wish it could have gone on longer since I missed the Adult meeting, but I got to meet him after wards & he is a very nice man. Then Dave & I ran to get a bite to eat before the town shut down for the night -- to make it home just in time for bed... off to another busy day tomorrow.

Here are a few pics & some video clips of Madison's dances tonight!!




3 comments:

Christian, Kerri, & The Boys said...

how cute, a good dance just like her mom!

Rachel Slane said...

Wow Jeanna all i can say is WOW!! i don't know how you do it!

Ruth said...

I love her cute costumes!! She did great!!