Just a quick blog of some little things that have happened lately:
How did I get so lucky to have such a sweet child? Each day is such a joy as he always makes me smile no matter what!! He doesn't even try... it just happens!! I realize it has something to do with age & that he is still so young, innocent (hasn't entered school & learned to be mean yet like so many other kids), & is so obedient, & lovable.
About a week ago he came around the corner as I was cleaning up from dinner, out of the blue, & stood there in front of me & said "Mom, that sure was a good dinner you made for us." ... Well gee - thanks!!!
(I make it a point to tell him how nice it is when he says sweet things like that to others & how it makes people happy to hear they have done a good job, as it has become more common lately & it is awesome.)
Then I had to giggle, yesterday - one of our friends I babysit for was dropping off his baby. He was bent down unbuckling her from her car seat & Brady came up to us & said: "I really liked those pictures you put on the board for us yesterday."... Kim (the dad) said, what? I asked.. "Did you do sharing time yesterday in Primary by chance?" As I knew he was a new primary teacher now. He said "Yeah... you liked the game I did yesterday in Sharing time?" Brady of course said "yes it was good!" Kim was quite surprised... so was I ... that Brady even mentioned it, or even cared!
How awesome it is. I am grateful he realizes & appreciates some of those simple things people do for his benefit. I hope that never goes away.This past weekend I did some consulting & assisting with a wedding reception, it was nice not to have to do all the work, or to do it alone!!
It was so nice - they got lots of friends & family together on the day before & started getting it put together. Then I came that night finished helping them get it up & I helped them construct what I call "balloon chandeliers" (something I made up in college, decorating for dances) & then I decorated a backdrop for them & consulted a bit more on where other items should be placed & I was done. It was so fun to do & much easier than other situations
where I do it all myself, or with very little assistance. I knew I could not physically could do all that they wanted, so I was glad they were willing to get all their family/friends together to help - it was awesome & it did turn out beautiful!!
Here are some fun barrettes that I made today for Madison. She is wearing the yellow one for school & I have a white one I made yesterday, just don't know where it went... but I really like the interchangeable "idea" & made lots of barrettes/pony tail holders this way for our craft fair last in the fall. They were a big hit so I have been making a bit here & there for Madison, for fun. These ones I decided to take a step further & made them interchangeable in 2 ways... they hook to barrettes, pony tail holders, clips, head bands, but then I also made it so the button is interchangeable... so depending on what she is wearing or my mood :) ... I can change the button!! Too fun!!
(Dave likes to give me crap about the little things I do for Madison. He will make a big deal about it in front of Garrett & Tyler & I seriously would make them x's 4 if the boys would wear them... but that isn't happening, well Brady would - but we won't go there! Yes, I do nice things for the boys... but they don't obviously see the notes, items to decorate their rooms, cool trinkets for their lockers, etc... as cool as the hair bows I make for Madison, the tights I buy, or pink snow boots on clearance for $2. I just have to know that when I engage in making my only daughter look like a girl I am going to hear about it!! Oh well... she will only be little for a little while longer & she is my only girl. I would do it all the same even if I only had 4 girls!!! So TOUGH boys, sit & weep!!! I love you all!)
Tuesday, March 24, 2009
All in a days work...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






2 comments:
What a sweet kiddo :] I remember you being pregnant with him. Right before I got married he was so cute. You were fixing my dress and he just kept climbing on me and hugging me. What a doll. Maddy is a girlie-girl and I love it. I would do the same :]
I love your hair things...when I have a girl Ill have to buy some from you.
Post a Comment